Chapter 5

The cold, hard ground beneath me felt strangely familiar as I stirred awake. Disoriented and groggy, I tried to make sense of my surroundings. The dim light cast eerie shadows on the dungeon walls, triggering a vague sense of déjà vu.

As my vision cleared, the realization struck me like a bolt of lightning. This was the labyrinth's dungeon—the very place Noah and I had faced the time demon. But something was different. A message, glowing faintly in the air, caught my attention.

My eyes widened as I read the inscription suspended before me. The words seemed to dance with an ethereal glow, casting an otherworldly light on the damp stones of the dungeon. The message was clear, concise, and filled with both hope and uncertainty.

"You have returned to a year in the past. You have 24 hours before your present catches up with you. Face the time demon again to reshape your fate."

The weight of those words sank deep into my core. A mix of emotions surged within me—confusion, apprehension, and a flicker of determination. The labyrinth, it seemed, was not just a maze of physical challenges but a complex tapestry woven with the threads of time.

As I rose to my feet, the air crackled with residual temporal energy. The familiar twists and turns of the labyrinth beckoned, but this time, they held a promise—a chance to alter the course of destiny. The message hung in the air, a silent reminder of the limited time granted to rewrite our story.

With a deep breath, I steeled myself for the challenges that lay ahead. The seconds ticked away, a constant reminder of the temporal constraints we faced. Noah, standing beside me, mirrored a mix of determination and uncertainty.

"Twenty-four hours," I murmured, my voice barely audible in the dungeon's silence. "Let's make every moment count."

The labyrinth, now a realm of temporal possibilities, awaited our return. The inscription, a guiding light in the temporal darkness, spurred us forward. As we ventured out of the labyrinth, the echoes of our footsteps seemed to synchronize with the ticking of time, a rhythmic march toward a destiny we aimed to reshape.

We decided to go to the market to buy a few supplements to increase our powers during the battle. We are underage so it's not possible for us to buy these things. We will have to give the vendors extra for them to give us the stuff as well as stay quiet about it.

The market bustled with activity, merchants hawking their wares, and the aroma of various foods wafting through the air. Noah and I navigated through the lively crowd, our eyes scanning the stalls for potions or supplements that could enhance our strength. The weight of the impending confrontation with the time demon lingered in the back of our minds, urging us to prepare as much as we could.

As we perused the market's offerings, we unexpectedly stumbled upon Luka, my cousin. He was engaged in animated conversation with a vendor, examining some trinkets on display. The sight of him brought an unexpected mix of emotions, and my eyes flickered with a brief hesitation before I approached him. However, I turned around trying to hide from him. It won't be good to meet him here.

"Amy!" he called out, a forced cheerfulness in his voice.

I turned, a sheepish smile taking over my face. "Amaryllis! What brings you here?" He asked, his gaze flickering momentarily to Noah. My secret of being a noble is in danger. It was also more so because he was just there with the escorts and not hiding his identity like me. The moment he called me out, I knew the cat was out of the hat. The whole market place turned to look at me as Luka approached.

“Wh-Who’s Amaryllis? I am Amy," I desperately tried to hide my identity.
Noah and I exchanged a quick glance, recognizing the complexity of the situation at that moment. It was evident that he knew exactly who I was. Also, I was scared if I would be able to go to the labyrinth at all now. How will this even impact my relationship with Noah? Will he treat me like some rich lady now? Will the casualness between us… disperse?