9.

Cali sat in the classroom along with a few other students as they waited for their professor and the rest of their classmates to arrive. They had about seven minutes until class started so everyone should be arriving soon.

"What's up, Cali?" Rico said as he sat next to her.

"Hey." Cali replied dryly.

"I bought you some coffee." Rico said.

"I already had a latte from the cafe, but thanks." Cali told him. "I tried calling and texting you yesterday."

"Oh, yeah. My phone was on do not disturb all day and I was resting from basketball practice." Rico lied.

Cali chuckled. "I bet."

"What's your prob—"

"Hey Rico." Deja said as she walked up to his desk. "I had fun with you yesterday."

"I bet you did, slut." Cali mumbled, but loud enough for both Deja and Rico to hear.

"The fuck you just call me?" Deja asked.

"A slut." Cali answered, not backing down. "Everybody knows you are a pass around ho and you gave damn near the whole football team the clap."

Deja scoffed. "Girl, shut your fat ass up."

Cali giggled. "That's all you got?" She asked sarcastically. "Damn right I'm solid as fuck—that's the Samoan in me. However, I never had to open my legs in order to feel validated by a good for nothing ass nigga. You, Miss. Ho, cannot relate."

Deja looked at Rico who looked at her then back to Cali. Everyone in the classroom was watching as if it was a live scene of Karen reading Gizelle on The Real Housewives of Potomac. The professor was currently two minutes late and one student was in charge of starting the roll when it hit the ten minute mark.

"Listen, I don't want y'all to fight over me." Rico chimed in.

Cali began to laugh as she shook her head. "Get over yourself, Rico. I'll be damned if I fight over a lying ass, horny ass nigga who can't keep his dick in his pants even if it was nailed to his inner thigh. You ain't shit."

"Period, Cali!" An acquaintance shouted from across the classroom.

"Look, can we just talk later on?" Rico asked.

"No, we can't." Cali told him. "Leave me alone."

"Good morning, scholars. Sorry for my tardiness." The professor said. "Deja, can you take your seat? I'm already late—which is my fault—but I have some important things to talk about for everyone's final project coming up within the next few weeks."

Deja rolled her eyes as she sat on the other side of Rico. Cali couldn't help but smile in amusement. She had Taylor's pettiness and Karis' smart mouth. No one could win against her with those two combinations, and she just proved it. She couldn't wait to tell her big sister about this.

-

"Girl, I heard you read Deja and Rodrico for filth!" Asia said as she, Cali, Jonah, and Kyran were sitting in the living room of the girls' apartment. "Somebody said you told Rodrico that he can't keep his dick in his pants even if it was nailed to his thigh?"

"And did." Cali replied as she ate her second bowl of Frosted Flakes.

"Damn, girl. Somebody should've recorded it!" Kyran chimed in.

Jonah laughed. "If I'm being honest, I knew that wasn't going to last. I'm glad you're smarter than most girls around here, Cali."

"Boy, you think you're so damn smart." Asia scoffed.