8.

Cali massaged Rico's temples as he rested between her legs. They were currently at his apartment, and Rico was exhausted from practice. They were both done with midterms and were able to catch a breath of fresh air before finals rolled around.

"What you wanna get at?" Rico asked as he rubbed Cali's thigh.

"Umm, what do you mean?" Cali replied.

"You wanna get your pussy ate?" Rico said, surprising Cali.

Cali believed and understood what Jonah told her a couple of days ago, but she thought Rico wouldn't be so straightforward like this. "I'm not ready for that level of intimacy, Rico. We've been hanging out for only a couple of weeks and I'm a virgin on top of that. I'm not ready for sex right now." She explained.

"Aight, I understand. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Rico told her as he sat up and looked at her. "I do like you a lot, and I want this to grow. So, I'll wait—let's take our time."

Cali smiled and nodded. Rico leaned over and kissed her lips a couple of times. Cali was glad that they could come to an understanding. She hopes that their relationship is able to grow.

There was a knock at the door indicating that the delivery guy arrived with their pizza. Rico got up as he grabbed his wallet. Cali followed him to go into the kitchen to get their plates and drinks set up.

Rico joined her with the two pizzas and wings in his hand. "I didn't know you ordered two." Cali said.

"Yeah, the other one is for Jay." He told her referring to his roommate.

Cali's phone began to ring on the counter, indicating a FaceTime call from Asia. "Hello?" She answered as she propped her phone up on the counter.

"Oh—you're still at his place." Asia said jokingly with an attitude.

"I have a name, little girl." Rico chimed in as he popped up in the camera.

"Boy, go back to hell where you belong." Asia said, waving him off.

Cali giggled. "Y'all always fussing."

"That's her starting shit."

"Boy, shut the hell up." Asia told Rico, which caused them to continue bickering. Cali allowed them to continue as she fixed her plate. She figured they would eventually stop, and Asia would be able to tell her the reason why she called.

-

"Well, you can say that you told me so." Cali said as she and Jonah rode in his car.

"What you mean?" Jonah asked, taking a quick glance at her.

"Rico offered to give me oral yesterday while I was at his place." Cali told him.

Jonah scoffed. "This nigga." He was clearly annoyed. "You grown so I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but I don't want you going back over there."

"I made things clear to him and he said he understands. However, I agree with you. I think I'm just going to invite him over to my place when Asia is there." Cali said.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." Jonah said as he pulled up to his father's house. "My dad isn't here so you can come in if you'd like."

"Well, am I allowed in here?" Cali asked.

Jonah chuckled. "Girl, c'mon."