An assistant

After the harsh punishment Maria had received from Richard,she was quite hurt for some time.

  Lucia and Vivian made sure to take good care of her. Mrs.Brooks allowed her some time to recover.

It's been two weeks since and Maria has resumed her job.

She was limping around for some time before she could walk normally.

Some maids thought she was faking it for attention , others knew she was really hurt.

  Well, Richard never apologized no matter how many times Mrs Brooks had persuaded him to do so . He'd come up with excuses like he's busy and stuff like that.

   Maria on the other hand didn't need an apology she was fine as far as she wasn't fired.
  'I would leave this place one day so , I should be grateful for what I have now' - she thought to herself as she was washing one morning

    Another stressful week had come to an end. It's Sunday and Maria is getting ready to attend church.

She has her bath, takes care of her hair and puts on an outfit.

  She wore a simple yet elegant outfit. It consisted of a white top which complemented her colour effortlessly and a buttoned flare skirt which gracefully fell below her knees.

Completing her ensemble were a pair of sleek boots, adding a touch of sophistication to the overall look.

She let her hair down and she felt so beautiful .

  Maria went downstairs for her breakfast and to her surprise no one was there. Oops, she was late looking at the time she spent admiring herself .

She quickly munched on her breakfast and went back to her room to get her bag.

  When she descended the stairs she saw Richard and Vivian. She greeted them before walking past them.

"Good morning"- she said which drew both their ears to her. Vivian went up to her to have a little chat.

  Richard's eyes lingered on her for some time before he quickly shifted his attention to something else

Stacy insisted that she'd go with Maria even though Richard was really against it.

  Mrs.Brooks agreed to allow Stacy to go with Maria after her insane begging and crying routine.

The Brooks family driver was called to take them to the church premises.

Back at home, Richard was having a chat with Vivian about how worried he was.

"Viv,are you sure she's gonna be okay?"
"Duh , of course not stop asking me unnecessary questions"

"I just hope they're okay"

"They?"

" I mean I hope Stacy's okay"

"Ugh, you're so boring, anyway how's it going with Helen?"