His Shirt

It's been three weeks after the arrival of Mr. Brooks. Every worker in the house has been on their toes eversince. With the attitude of Mr.Brooks, 25 workers could be fired just in a day.
Another working day had ended for Maria . With Mr. Brooks back, she had extra clothes to wash. He had 5 different meeting on a busy day. He'd change after every meeting to feel fresh .

Maria's P.O.V
I locked my door after entering the room and fell on my bed. It's been a really long day as usual. Oh , I almost forgot. I got up and treated the blister I had while ironing.
.......Ouch, it hurts( of course it would). After sometime I go have my bath, put on some fresh, comfortable clothes. I hurried downstairs to have dinner cause I was starving.
Everyone's at the table and yeah, including the 'rude guy' . Woah, the food's amazing!!!. Seriously, when I'm starving every food is delicious whether I like it or not.

Dinner is over and walking back to my room with these heavy eyes is a problem. Dude, I'm like a drunk person when I'm sleepy. I'm really tired and just want to collapse into bed . The fatigue from the day's activities makes each step feel heavier than usual.

Finally the journey to my room is over and I enter my room not forgetting to lock my door . After saying a short prayer I fall on my bed . Just as I'm about to drift into sleep, I hear a soft knock on my door

To be honest, I really feel like crying right now. Gosh, I'm sure it one of my colleagues who has probably forgotten I need a good sleep. I walk to the door and open it to find ...Stacy?? Wait is it my eyes or I'm dreaming? No I can't be.

"Aunty Maria, I can't sleep . I'm scared"-she says making me realize my eyes are not that bad after all. She said what???
" Can I sleep beside you tonight?"- I don't think this' appropriate. Is it?
" Ummm... I don't think mommy will be okay with it " - I tell her sincerely.
"Don't worry Aunt, she'll be fine with it . Also you can't go and ask her now, she's probably asleep. "- I stare at her blankly. I don't know what to say.

" Yay so I'm sleeping in your room tonight. Woohoo. I'm going to get my teddy bear pillow"- Wait, what did she just say? I haven't.. oh gosh she's a child. I get it . Fine she'll sleep in my room .

Stacy comes back with her pillow and Maria hugs her to sleep . She has no time for chit chat with her heavy eyes.
The next morning, Stacy sneaks back into her room . She acts like nothing happened to prevent Maria from getting into any trouble.

Another day goes by and in the evening Stacy asks Maria to help with her homework.
As Maria was teaching her , Richard came running down stairs in a fury.
" What's wrong son?"- His father asked
"Dad she burnt my favourite shirt. Where is she? "- He asked looking around the hall until he found her.
"You"- He grabbed her dress making them have an eye contact. Without thinking he pushed her with so much strength.
She fell and twisted her leg with her head hitting the wall.

( A/n : Guys I'm feeling sorry for writing that part. Sorry Maria. I'm really sorry 😔)

" Richard how could you. Men never hit girls"- Mrs. Brooks screamed .
" I didn't, mom. It's all her fault. "-He said without remorse.
" We trained you better than this"- Mr. Brooks said and left the hall . His wife followed .

Stacy started crying uncontrollably. Richard immediately became concerned
" What's wrong Stay?"
" Why did you do that to Aunty ? She was helping me and ... then your shirt got burnt. It's my... my...fault "- She said while crying
" No don't say that. Let's go to your room ."- He said and carried her .

" And to you Maria or whoever you're be careful around me and don't get close to my sisters ever "- He warned and left.
Vivian came down after hearing the commotion from upstairs. She rushed to help Maria along with Lucia.
They sent her to her room to rest

" Why do I feel that she deserves all this ? Haha , young Master is all mine . She'll be fired soon ."- Marcella laughs.
Richard puts Stacy on her bed and she stops crying. " Sweet dreams "- He kisses her cheek and is about to leave when she holds his hand with her small hand.
" Big Bro , please treat Aunty Maria nicely. If something happens to her I'll be sad and I'll cry again. The two of you should be friends and be like how mommy and daddy are"- She says while wiping her tears.
" Stay, you're tired . Have a good rest bye"- he says, tucks her well and leaves .

Richard's P.O.V
Did I overact? Gosh that was the last of grandpa's last handmade shirts . How could I be chill about this?. Dad and Mom are furious and they'll probably be for a while but they'll be okay like always.

Stacy , Stacy, Stacy. "You should be friends and be like how mommy and daddy are"- What is this girl trying to say. Come on , Rich forget about it.

My phone rang and when I checked I had 20 missed calls. But I was right here damn, Stacy's got me thinking for real. I picked the call.

" Hey"
" What did you say to me ? Hey? Richard, I'm your freaking girlfriend. No boy can ever get me. Apologize now or I'm telling daddy"

"Sorry , is that all?"- I roll my eyes
" What's the rush babe? I'm coming over in a few days so be prepared for me , Also come pick me up when I'm coming over I want my friends to see how nice you are "

" Whatever "- I cut the call .

Why do I have to do this? Why?? Her dad's not even helping me as much. My company is losing some shareholders because of him . He isn't helping in any way
Helen , such a douche bag. I have to get rid of that mosquito. She buzzes too much

Hey lovelies, how was it? . What do you think of this chapter?
Comment and vote . Click on the star ⭐ to vote for this part if it was your favorite.
Also don't forget to vote for me so I can write more for you.💙💙.
Love y'all 💕.

- Annie 💙💙💫💫.