Maids plot

Morning was quick to come and she wondered why but it dawned on her that she slept very late last night. ( Due to overthinking of course).

   The house was unexpectedly very quiet. Back in her village, everyone will be up and doing around this time. No girl or woman should still be in bed by 4:30 a.m. unless your case is different. (Like if you're sick or pregnant ).

  If a girl stays longer in bed for no suitable reason she is punished by her parents or guardians.

  The rules of the village slowly became a norm in Maria's life as she aged.

      Maria wasn't that surprised because she was sure they did not wake up as early as she did.

She unlocked and tiptoed down the hallway and entered the laundry room.

Maria's P.O.V

I was looking around for the clothes to wash when my eyes landed on the huge pile of clothes in a big bowl. Let me quickly clear this. I used my hands to wash since I didn't know how to program the washing machine. Too complicated.

About half an hour later, a shirt was dropped into the washing bowl. She looked up to see Richard all dressed up for work.
(Maria): Er..um Good morning Sir Richard?-she greats unsure of how to call him.
(Richard): It's young Master Richard to you, the maid.
(Maria): Um..okay.
She sighed as he left. 'He didn't even bother to greet me'
'Shut up you're only here to work'- an inner voice reprimands her.

Richard P.O.V
   Looks like she's got that warning in her head. Can't believe Mom hired such a lady to work for us.
  She carries no respect even in the way she looks at me.
Wait, was she using her hands? The poor village girl doesn't know how to use a washing machine. Hmph, what a waste of time.

   My phone rings snapping me out of my thoughts. I pick up the call and hear the hoarse voice of my assistant. He informs me about the progress of our new project.

My driver picked me up and I arrived at the company within minutes.

     Maria was done washing when she heard Stacy's voice. Maria glances at the huge clock in the hall. It's 6:45 am. It's Saturday which means Stacy would be at home.

   After having her breakfast, Stacy runs to the hall to watch cartoons on the big television. Mrs.Brooks comes down and she is greeted by the maids. She looks around to make sure everything is going well.

   She isn't sure as to why Maria is using her hands to wash. What surprises her the most is how fast she has completed the job with her hands.

   She inquires and Maria says she's completely fine with it. Mrs. Brooks leaves home after having her breakfast (saying she's got somewhere to go).

   Maria is done washing and she doesn't find a drying line in the backyard. An idea suddenly pops into her head.

  She goes to the store room and asks the keeper for two lengthy metal poles and a strong rope.

   He helps her make a drying line and he finishes off with firmly holding it into the ground with cement. Feeling some form of accomplishment, she started hanging the clothes.

In the kitchen, Lucia was mopping floors as the maids were serving breakfast for themselves.

   They were talking while doing so.
Marcella: Hey you guys, neither Mrs. Brooks nor her husband will be at home today. Isn't that great?
A maid: Of course it is

Lucia: But we will still have to work

Marcella ( laughs sarcastically ): Says who? That Maria of a girl will come in handy.

Lucia: No you won't bully her. She's a good lass besides she hasn't done you any bad.

Marcillia: Blablabla. Can't we rest for a day?

(A maid): Yeah we should rest. I'm in.
     Soon all the maids decided to bully Maria as a welcome except Lucia.
   Lucia: I'm out of this ladies.
   Maid: Whatever. Guess what guys? I heard Miss Vivian talking to Maria yesterday
All: Really???
Maid: Yes I saw it with my two naked eyes.
They keep thinking and whispering among themselves
       Maria is done hanging the clothes outside and then enters the house.
About a few minutes later, Vivian comes down in a slightly see-through crop top and jeans shorts.  Maria is shocked.

Vivian: Hey Mari.  What's up?
Maria: Good morning ma'am I'm good by God's Grace. What about you?
Vivian: Geez girl, I told ya to call me anything but ma'am or madam - She says while looking at her phone
Maria: Um okay if you say so.
Vivian leaves soon after.

Maria is starving and she goes to the kitchen.
Maria: Good morning girls. Is there breakfast for me or should I make mine?
Maids: Good morning- They scoff as they pass by
Marcella: Do we look like your servants?
Maria: Um sorry. Is it just me or do we have a problem?- She says politely
Marcella(rolls her eyes): Don't know, don't care. Listen up Maria, I'm the boss here so whatever I say goes. Is that clear?
Maria: Um the last time I checked Mrs. Brooks was the boss here and I'll only obey her.

A maid passing by laughs.
Maid: Marcy, she is new here.
Marcella: You're right. She doesn't know the rules.
Lucia comes by "Maria ignore her. Please have your breakfast"- she says while giving her a tray of food.
"Thanks, Lucy."
"My pleasure".

  Maria went to the hall to watch cartoons with Stacy.

Maria sees a book on the couch and picks it up.

Maria:Stacy, do you think I can read this book?

Stacy: Of course Aunty.

Stacy: Aunty, Sorry for my brother's behavior yesterday

Maria: Oh it's fine

Stacy: Just so you know that's Big Bro's favorite book.

Maria drops it in shock

Stacy(giggles): Oh don't worry it's not like he'll kill you.

    In the afternoon, Stacy asks Maria to check if lunch is ready because she is starving.

   On her way to the kitchen, she comes across the Brooks family portrait. She sees Mr.Brooks and his family. 'Vivian resembles her mom. Master Richard also looks like his dad'

  She remembers Stacy is hungry so she heads for the kitchen. She sees Marcella and her squad.
"Watch this" -Marcella whispers to her group.

  Maria looks at her but she continues walking ignoring her. She was walking into the dining when she suddenly slipped and fell face-flat on the floor.

Laughter erupted the moment she fell. Marcella had poured some soapy water on the floor and that was her plan. Maria stood up embarrassed.

  Hey lovely readers,  I made this chapter very lengthy because of how long I have taken to publish a new part.
Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.
Don't forget to vote for me so I can write more you .
Love y'all.💙💙💫💫

-Annie 💙💙