Humiliation

'What kind of a man is he? He must be one of the spoilt brats in every story' - Maria thinks. Mrs. Brooks interrupts her thoughts

(Mrs.Brooks): Maria dear, I'm very sorry about my son's behaviour just now.I hope you're not hurt in any way
(Maria): Haha no worries m'aam. I'm okay

(Mrs.Brooks): That's Richard by the way . Anyway , let's go have dinner
They go into the dinning hall and see Marcella and some of her assistants help  her set the table .

Food is served . The aroma of the food wavers around Maria's nose which makes her hungry.

They all say down to eat and Maria was amazed at the presentation of the food .
Stacy( a bit hesitant ): Aunt Maria can you please feed me

Maria(not sure of what to say but agrees) : Sure I will.

Even though Maria was starving she agreed to feed the little girl.
After a while, the was a knock at the door and one of the helps went to answer the door.

A girl emerges out of the door frame. She looked around Maria's age . She walked slowly to prevent her falling , for she was drunk.

"Hey guys, what's up?"- she said in a crazy tone.
(Mrs.Brooks) : Vivian get upstairs and freshen up immediately- She ordered. Vivian nodded and slowly climbed the stairs.

Vivian is the second child the Brooks family.She hangs out with her friends most of the time .

They spend time together by partying , drinking and following men. Stacy is the child after her and Richard is her elder brother.

Richard got down the stairs in a pyjamas. Everyone looked at him then turned to Maria then back at Richard . Slowly realizing that Maria pyjamas matched , he frowned.

(Mrs.Brooks): My bad. I gave Maria some of your clothes which are in pairs.I didn't mean for this to happen. It's like you guys planned something did you?

(Maria/Richard): No
(Richard): Mom, why in the world do you think I will wear something that she wears? I don't even know the trash can she came from

Maria looked extremely hurt but kept her
cool.
(Maria ) : Sorry. I'll go change if that's what you want
(Richard. (Sarcastically): You better be sorry

Maria run upstairs with tears in her eyes .She never felt humiliated like this before.
Richard picks a plate of food and attempts to feed Stacy.

(Stacy): Big bro stop. Mom I won't eat anymore . I want only Aunty Maria to feed me

( Richard): Come on I'll feed you . Open your mouth
Stacy slaps his hand and shouts" Leave me alone ."

She picks up her tablet and two maids escort her to her room.

Maria's P.O.V
What kind of man is he? No I haven't seen that kind of a man before. I promise not to wear this ever again.

Also, why would Mrs.Brooks do that?
Well, it's not entirely her fault anyway.
It's my fault. Maria Heather stupidly picked that pajamas because it was comfy and soft.

Now I know all that glitters is not gold.Poor me, my first day in this house is a mess , what about the other days ?

'Go get changed and go downstairs '- my inner voice reprimands me .

Maria changed into another pyjamas which didn't have any colour in it as the first one. Satisfied, she went downstairs .

She saw Vivian eating with Richard , Mrs.Brooks and the other maids. ' Where's Stacy?'- she thought

(Vivian ): Wow! Mom where did you get this beauty from?
(Mrs.Brooks): Oh Mama Lizzy brought her here
( Vivian): Oh I see . Come and eat beautiful lady.

Flattered, Maria went to sit beside Vivian and they continued eating and chatting.

(Richard): Ever heard of table manners?

Vivian just rolled her eyes at him . To their utter surprise , Stacy came out of her room
(Richard): Stacy come to big bro.

(Stacy): No , Aunty Maria will feed me

(Vivian): Wow Stacy you seem to like thr new maid huh?

(Stacy): Yes, she is the best

(Mrs.Brooks): Isn't it because she plays with you?

(Stacy): Um..maybe

They all burst into laughter

' Well , my first  day isn't bad afterall' - Maria thought

Hey readers , it's Annie here. How's the story going?

Feel free to comment anything you think about the story .

Positive vibes only

What do you think will happen next?
Will Richard still hold a grudge against Maria?
Or will he forgive her and let it go?
Please vote for me to write more for you
Love y'all 💙💙💫💫🌹🌹