The Brooks House

Mama Lizzy is a sweet old lady who lives alone. She is a widow with four children who live abroad. She is in her late sixties but she looks very young.

Maria bonded quickly with Mama Lizzy since they had so much in common like, cooking, believing in God and trusting Him all the time. Mama Lizzy had many friends as old as she was. They visited her on many occasions and they would talk and spend time together .

The next day Mama Lizzy took Maria to the house which belonged to one of her friends .
They were warmly welcomed and they took their seats . Mama Lizzy told her friend about Maria and her friend was pleased
(Mama Lizzy) : My dear , this is Mrs.Bercy Brooks, my close friend. (Maria): Nice to meet you m'aam
(Mrs .Brooks) : Nice to meet you darling. Would you like to work for me?
(Maria): Yes please. If you'll let me

Just then , a little girl rushed into Mrs.Brooks arms.
(Mrs. Brooks): Stacy dear, I'm in the middle of something okay?
(Stacy): Mommy, who is that pretty lady?
(Mrs.Brooks ): Oh , that's Maria .She will be working for us .
Stacy went over to Maria and Maria scooped her up into her arms.
(Stacy): Would you carry me around once you start working here? - She whispered in a childish voice
( Maria): Of course ,sweetie.
(Mrs. Brooks ): Stacy don't dirty her dress
(Stacy): Mom she is not like the other maids
She won't get angry .
(Mrs.Brooks) : Okay it's settled then. Maria you can start working from today. We need someone to wash and iron our clothes .
(Maria): Thank you m'aam . May God bless you
( Mama Lizzy): Thanks you Bercy
(Mrs.Brooks): No problem Liz.

Maria thanked Mama Lizzy so much .Mama Lizzy spoke to her and adviced her . She left since it was getting late . Maria bid her goodbye and went inside.
Later, Mrs.Brooks showed Maria her room . She was later left alone to change into new clothes Mrs. Brooks gave her.

Maria's POV
The room was so huge and spacious . I'm pretty sure my village could fit into it three times . I jumped onto the bed and was bouncing up and down when I remembered that I had to bath.
There was a shower, something I only saw in books. I struggled before I was able to work it out . Why is one tap cold and the other so hot? I just mixed the two and had a cool bath. How I wish I could stay in the bath tub forever . I came out after some time and dried my small body.
Yeah ! I admit it I'm pretty short but not like short short . Don't laugh. I wore one of the pajamas from the wardrobe and dried my hair with the fan . Since I didn't know how to regulate that thing.
I looked at my bed one last time before going out .

Maria descended the stairs and went to the kitchen

Maria descended the stairs and went to the kitchen . She met other maids some were friendly, while some were um..not so friendly. Take Marcella for instance , she disliked Maria at the first glance.
Marcella Gazexa is in charge of the kitchen in the Brooks house. She makes sure everything in the kitchen is well cooked.
Maria was getting to know some other maids when the door bell rang.

Marcella unbuttoned two of the buttons on her dress and rushed to opened the door . Maria found it weird . Her eyes widened when she saw the person at the door. He was so tall. Marcella greeted him" You're welcome Young Master Richard"-Her happiness is short lived as she is pushed away from the door and the tall figure enters.

He starts to climb the stairs but stops as he senses an unfamiliar presence. He speaks" Mom, did you bring another thing into our house"
Mrs.Brooks from upstairs " Hey , don't call her a thing. I hired a new maid today."
"Whatever" he says and stomps off.