Chapter 22: Enzo DeLuca is the winner!

The next morning

4am

ASTRAEA'S POV

I opened my eyes to find my room dark. I stretched my arms and reached for my phone on the bedside table next to me. How long was I asleep for? My phone screen lit up and it was almost blinding at first. I looked at the time and my eyes widened. 4am?! It was around 10am when I fell asleep! I guess I really was tired.

I opened my phone and looked through notifications. I got notifications from Instagram so I entered the app. Lexi and Matteo, as well as another 5 profiles followed me. My picture with Alexander had gotten likes from all 509K of my followers. I exited Instagram to check my text messages. I entered my chat with Enzo.

Enzo: Don't forget, we're leaving at 8am.

Enzo has a race today at 10am and he invited Giovanni and I to watch. He even booked us front row seats! I'm super excited! I've watched his races- and also his boxing tournaments- online but now I get to watch in real time!! It's not even 5am and I'm this excited. Enzo has to be there about an hour before the race and parking is a nightmare, so if we're there early we can get our seats without any trouble.

I got out of bed and made my way to he bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and did my skincare. Then I went to my closet to pick my outfit. Giovanni and I will be matching. We're both going to wear black and light blue, because light blue is Enzo's favourite colour. I picked out light blue cargo jeans that are high-waisted and straight-legged (basically denim cargo pants). I chose a black tank top and then a light blue varsity jacket. For shoes, I chose black Puma sneakers. I wasn't going to get dressed now, I'd do that later.

I set my outfit aside in my closet neatly and decided to go downstairs because I want to eat some kind of snack. I was still in my pajamas, which was a onzie inspired by my favourite Demon Slayer Character: Kyojuro Rengoku. My dad had it custom made for me since they apparently don't sell these onzies for adults. Imagine! I put on my black slippers and quietly walked downstairs to the kitchen. I managed to go past the staircase without the alarm blaring again. It seems like they've given me my security clearance. I looked through a snack cupboard and found quite a lot of sweets and chips and stuff. I took a packet of 'sour cream and chives' Doritos, as well as sour gummy worms and oreos. I quietly placed them in my arms, holding it over my chest. I poured myself a glass of water quickly. I was just about to go up the staircase when I bumped into Matteo. I smiled innocently, like a child who was caught stealing cookies. Technically, I WAS still stealing snacks but fuck that.

Matteo: You're up early.

His gaze drifted from my eyes to the snacks in my hands back to my eyes again.

Matteo: And with a handful of snacks.
Astraea: Did I make that much noise?
Matteo: Nope. You were very stealthy. I hardly heard anything.
Astraea: But you still caught me?
Matteo: Because I'm an assassin Fiore (Flower). And I was on my way to the kitchen too. I was going to take those exact Doritos you're holding.

I looked down at the Doritos in my arms and grinned.

Astraea: Well too bad, I got it first.

He shrugged and walked past me into the kitchen. I started walking up the staircase when all of a sudden, I heard angry footsteps approaching me. I turned around to see Matteo with a scowl on his face.

Matteo: *whisper-shouting* How the hell did you find my secret stash?!
Astraea: I didn't know you had a stash but now I'm more eager to eat these.

I smiled coyly and spun around, rushing up the stairs. I heard Matteo rushing towards me. As soon as I entered my room, I put my glass of water down on the bedside table and tossed the snacks onto the bed. Then I ran back to the door to close it but Matteo flung it open. Ah shit! I laughed and ran towards my bed. I shoved the snacks further away from Matteo just before he could grab it.