Chapter 8

((/: A.N: Hey y'all! Btw I just wanted to say I did make the animation videos I add and they are on my youtube channel, the Wigi (Pronounced Wig-ee, not Wi-guy, since I'm a girl and not a guy).  Anyhow, I'm sure you're all wondering about the mystery cat but unfortunately, you'll have to wait a while and listen to Shadekit and Moonkit for a bit...

(((SHADEKIT'S POV)))

I exchanged glances with Moonkit, half wondering if we should chase after Flowerkit, or if another warrior or Icepool would chase after her.

I turned my head to see Icepool take a step forward, but Bramblestar stood in front of her.

"I'll organize a patrol to find her," Bramblestar announced, "But a queen with kits is not supposed to leave camp, according to...the warrior code."

Icepool scowled and hissed at Bramblestar. "My kit is out there, alone!"

Bramblestar blinked calmly at her. "And I will organize a patrol to find her. In fact, I'll lead it myself."

Icepool half snorted. "You're not even kin with Flowerkit. At least send Squirrelflight."

I frowned curiously as an emotion flashed in Bramblestar's eyes.

Was that hurt?

"Very well," Bramblestar mewed coldly. "Squirrelflight can lead the patrol. Take Rootspring, (I decided to make him a warrior a bit early since one of my awesome readers requested it and also yeah I agree since he is a father to Mistkit it kind of makes sense for him to be a warrior by now) Ivypool, Rosepetal, Spotfur, and Stemleaf."

Squirrelflight gathered the patrol to leave and me and Moonkit watched Icepool hurry over to her, anxiety shimmering in her eyes. "You will find her, won't you?"

Squirrelflight nodded gently, then the rest of the patrol followed her outside of camp.

Last time she left camp, she got injured and scarred, I recalled, wincing at the sharp memory.

Will that happen again?

***

(((MOONKIT'S POV)))

I sat beside Shadekit, watching Icepool pace nervously back and forth.

Swish. Swip.

I watched Icepool's tail swing nervously across the nursery floor, flicking a moss ball back and forth. Barely resisting the urge to pounce on the moss ball, I sat on my paws in a desperate attempt to stop myself.

"Do you think Flowerkit will be okay?" Shadekit whispered in my ear, and I gave him a questioning look.

"The patrol has probably found her by now," I mewed optimistically.

"Hopefully," Shadekit murmured, most likely thinking I couldn't hear him.

I know how you feel, Shadekit.