Chapter 5

((/: A.N: Sorry I didn't upload for a day or two, but y'know, I'm a human too and I do love a break now and then, and the last chapter was a bit long, but the new chapter is here! Hope y'all enjoy!

(((FLOWERKIT'S POV)))

I watched gloomily as Jayfeather and Alderheart bustled around the medicine den.

I didn't want to sit here and do nothing; I wanted to move and talk to my littermates and Icepool and explore camp and-

"Flowerkit? I need to check your wound for infection." Alderheart mewed.

At first, Jayfeather had been the one to dress and clean her wounds, but after she'd snapped, yelled, jerked, kicked, and even tried to bite him, Jayfeather had given up with an angry huff.

"Kits these days!" He'd snorted.

I scowled at Alderheart. I was in a bad mood, and I had no intention of getting my wound checked. "I don't want it to be checked."

"I need to make sure it doesn't have any infection." I could see Alderheart was desperately trying to make me understand, but the irritation at my unluckiness and current life was festering in me and I wanted to let it out.

"What are you sitting around asking her about it for?" Jayfeather snapped. "Go ahead and do it! If she doesn't like it, then StarClan above help her and who cares! It's for her own good and she should be thanking us rather than making this harder than it already is!" Jayfeather scolded, his furious, bright, blind blue gaze sharply pinpointed on me.

I scowled at Jayfeather. 

What a big meanie!

"Flowerkit, I really need to check your wounds."

"Fine," I grumbled. "But check the one on my face quickly."

I still hadn't opened up my left eye since the fox attack, as I was afraid of what I would find there; would I be half blind, or would my left eye's eyesight heal?

And yet, my curiosity to find out what my eye's condition was was burning inside of me.

My pelt prickled irritably as Alderheart checked the wounds.

This was going to be a long day.

***

Jayfeather and Alderheart were asleep in their nests. I sat up gently, then, after a lot of persuasion to my mind, I opened my left eye before my brain could make any more objections.

I could not help my surprise at what I found when I opened my left eye.