My whole body ached, and my mind felt clouded and fuzzy. It felt as if these powers drained me, mentally and physically. I looked up at them both as Xander smiled softly at me as if trying to give some reassurance. "We will explain everything to you, no more secrets. But let us go somewhere else," Xander said taking in the state of the office after my little outbreak.

Their footsteps echoed softly as they guided me down the familiar hallway, each step a reminder of Nora's cryptic evasion. The mention of the peculiar door only fueled my curiosity, its secrets beckoning like a siren's call.

"What is this place?" I inquired.

"This is the lord's and their lady's chambers. When I met Xander, it was only a matter of time before you entered our life. So, I made some renovations to cater to three people. This is our chamber, my beloved. Only ours," Knox explained as he pulled out a key from his pocket. Twisting the golden lock, the door creaked as he opened it.

Xander carried me down the hall, leading towards the hidden room from the locked door. Knox opened the next door easily, and my jaw dropped as we entered. The room, now revealed as their shared sanctuary, exuded an intimate aura, adorned with carefully selected furnishings. A large, opulent bed stood at the room's center, draped in rich, silken sheets of burgundy and gold, clearly meant for shared slumber. Intricate tapestries adorned the walls, depicting scenes of ancient lore interwoven with modern motifs—a reflection of their enigmatic union.

There was a fireplace, adorned in cravings in the stone as seats with a table laid before it. The room itself was probably the amount of square footage my old home was entirely. My eyes scanned the room as Xander let me down, and my eyes widened in surprise. However, beside the fireplace on the next wall was a red door. Different than the closet and bathroom opening, this one was covered in gold trim, and wooden designs along the corners.

"What's behind that door?" I gestured toward the peculiar door.

"Like I said, some renovations have been made. But since we are spilling all secrets, we could show you," Knox offered with a mischievous glint in his eye as his orbs flickered to Xander for a split second. Xander leaned down to my ear, "After all, you were made for us as we were for you. I doubt you'd have any distaste for it," Xander added.

Curiosity swirled within me, yet other pressing questions held precedence over exploring mysterious doors at the moment. With a sigh, I voiced, "I'd prefer to wait and see."

Then Knox removed his shirt, and I couldn't help but admire his physique.

He possessed a striking form, sinewy muscles rippling beneath his skin, suggesting both strength and grace. Each muscle seemed to hold a story of dedication and resilience, etched with lines and curves that hinted at hours spent training.

Was it wrong to be so captivated?

The tattoo on his back was a masterpiece, Nordic symbols intricately woven in an ancient design. It depicted a saga, from a Viking ship braving tempestuous seas to intricate knotwork symbolizing life's cycle.

The craftsmanship was impeccable, the tattoo almost coming alive with every movement, adding an air of enigmatic allure to Knox's already mysterious origins. As our gazes met, there was a fleeting boldness in my glance, an unspoken appreciation that didn't escape Knox's notice. It was a shared moment of acknowledging his physique and the artistry of his tattoo.

His reaction was not offence but a sense of familiarity, as if he understood the curiosity and found it amusing. Our exchange spoke volumes without a word—a connection between us.