Chapter Three

Less than a Quarter moon had passed since Fyre'Paw had been apprenticed, over that time she had learned to hunt, and fight, she even became very close friends with Dove'paw. Tonight was a gathering, and Fyre'Paw was incredibly excited to get to go to her first gathering.

Fyre'Paw shifted her paws as she stood looking up at Half'Star and Moss'Foot who had called a meeting upon Shaded rock, they were choosing who would go to the gathering, and this would be both Dove'paw and Fyre'Paw's first time to a gathering, as well as Rain'Stem and Morning'Heart's first time as a warrior.

Half'Star ended the meeting and hopped off Shaded rock "Fyre'Paw, I would like to speak to you in my den" She spoke giving a gentle look to show the apprentice did nothing wrong.

Fyre'Paw was confused and anxious but she nodded "yes Half'Star" she followed Half'Star to her den, which was a old, old fox den, the entrance and slope down into it was made of pebbly sand, with a layer of lichen hanging over the entrance to block out wind or rain.

Half'Star made herself comfortable in her nest, giving Fyre'Paw a gentle and inviting look. "Now, Fyre'Paw this will be your first gathering." She began "I'm sure you're well aware of your father, and what he did..you look almost exactly like him, and because of that you may get some hard stares, and cats may talk about you..after all you, your sister Birch'Paw, and your lost Brother Condor'Kit were born at that very gathering that he was exiled." She hoped Fyre'Paw understood where she was coming with this "all I'm trying to say is don't let them get to you, you are different than your father." She was cut off by Fyre'Paw

"Half'Star..Do you believe he did it?" She asked shifting a forepaw on the sandy ground. She'd heard many different things, including some things from the elders, talking about how Thunder'Strike, her father had been the most loyal and loving cat, and how they didn't believe he was capable of murder.

Half'Star wasn't all that surprised about the question "no...I do not.." She admitted "but all clans had to make a decision that night, personally I would have waited for some more evidence of if he did it or not." She once more admitted.

Fyre'Paw nodded a little. "Was...was he a good warrior?" She asked wanting to know more about her father, even if he was supposedly a Murderer, she felt a strong connection to him

"Yes. He was the best, he could hunt exceptionally well, and fight just as well as he hunted. And I'm certain that you'll be just as good of a warrior as he had been" She flicked her tail tip slightly "now...since you are going to the gathering tonight I recommend you get a good meal and some sleep" She dismissed the apprentice.

Fyre'Paw nodded, dipping her head respectfully she turned and padded out of the den, beginning to make her way to the freshkill pile when she was abruptly stopped.

Moss'Foot, the clans Deputy had stepped out in front of her "and just what do you think you're doing?" The she-cat growled.

"I- I was getting some freshkill-" Fyre'Paw looked into the she-cat's green eyes, she was giving her a hard look, and Fyre'Paw could see the hatred in her eyes. What had I done to make Moss'Foot so angry at me? She thought

"I don't think so. You haven't hunted for the clan yet. Nor have you been on a patrol today. " She snapped "all apprentices MUST hunt for the clan before they take any freshkill for themselves. So go out and hunt, don't return without at least 3 pieces of prey." Moss'Foot spoke sternly, her ears slightly pinned back.

"But- I'm going to the gathering tonight half-" Fyre'Paw tried to explain herself to the spiky she-cat. "I said now!" Moss'Foot practically bit her ears off with that snap, Fyre'Paw turned quickly and ran off towards the entrance.

Once out of sight of Moss'Foot Fyre'Paw slowed to a walk, her paws shuffling along the grass as she thought to herself, her ears dropping and her tail also dropping "what did I do to make her so mad at me..." She thought out loud. Fyre'Paw made her way through the territory, managing to catch a bird, a squirrel, and now she was chasing a rabbit, it headed straight for PineClan's border, Fyre'Paw skidded to a halt as the rabbit ran across the border "Mouse dung!" She snapped, grumbling before turning away, heading back to where she'd buried the two pieces of prey, the sun was a while past sun-high and she was needing to get back to camp and rest for the gathering.