Chapter two

Fyre'Kit sat eagerly in front of Shaded Rock, her sister Birch'Kit squirming under her mother's furious licks. "Mama stop!" She grumbled as she managed to get free, batting at her mother slightly. Dappled'Wind purred and stepped back a little.

"All cats Bold enough to blend into the shadows gather beneath Shaded Rock for a clan meeting!" Half'Star called to the cats who had already begun gathering. "Today two kits will be made into apprentices. Fyre'Kit, and Birch'Kit." She paused looking at the crowd of cats "Birch'Kit, by request of your mother, you will be apprenticed under Moss'Foot. She will train you well in the way of a warrior. And until you have received your warrior name, you will be known as Birch'Paw." Half'Star smiled a little as Moss'Foot hopped off her spot and touched noses with the newly named Birch'Paw. "And Fyre'Kit, after a long thinking process, I have decided to mentor you myself. You will be known as Fyre'Paw until you have earned your warrior name." Half'Star hopped down for a moment to touch noses with Fyre'Paw.

"Now, we also have two apprentices who need their names." She paused "Morning'Paw, and Rain'Paw please step forward." She spoke. Watching as the two apprentices stepped forward "Minty'Fang, do you believe Morning'Paw is ready to be a warrior?" She asked.

"I do" replied Minty'Fang. Half'Star nodded a little and looked to the sky before looking back to Morning'Paw.

"I, Half'Star, leader of DuskClan look upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice, she had worked hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. From this moment on she will be known as Morning'Heart, for her compassion towards her clanmates." Half'Star dipped her head to Morning'Heart before turning to Rain'Paw

"Cloud'Jumper, do you believe Rain'Paw is ready to be a warrior?" She asked. "I do" the white fluffy tom-cat replied, Half'Star gave a curt nod before continuing.

"I, Half'Star, leader of DuskClan look upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice, He had worked hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. From this moment on, he will be known as Rain'Stem, starclan honors his courage and bravery." She finished speaking, and yowls of approval and congratulations rang throughout the clearing for not only the new warriors but also the new apprentices.

"They will sit vigil tonight while we sleep, but since it is too early for that now, they are allowed to speak until sunset, then their vigil will begin" She paused before continuing to speak "with all that out of the way, the meeting is dismissed, Moss'Foot will you please send out patrols?" Moss'Foot dipped her head and began organizing patrols.

Fyre'Paw sprang to her paws, looking to her sister Birch'Paw, who was suddenly called over by her mentor Moss'Foot. "Guess we'll talk later..." Fyre'Paw shifted her paws before surveying the crowd of cats to find the new warriors, once she spotted them she padded over to them "congratulations on becoming a warrior Morning'Heart, and Rain'Stem" She smiled at the two.

"Congratulations to you too Fyre'Paw" Morning'Heart smiled slightly "and even having Half'Star as your mentor, you're very lucky"

Fyre'Paw shifted her paws a little embarrassed but clearly excited "Thanks! And I guess so" she was excited, but realizing that having the clan leader as a mentor was a big honor.

"Fyre'Paw!" Half'Star called to her Apprentice as she padded over "today Sandy'Ear, and Dove'paw will be joining us on a survey of the territory" She turned flicking her tail for Fyre'Paw to follow.

"Oh okay!, see you later Morning'Heart!" Fyre'Paw called back to the she-cat as she followed after her mentor.

They met up with Sandy'Ear, a sandy brown She-cat with a darker brown tail and ears. And Dove'Paw, a silver gray tabby with a stumped tail.