Chapter 10

Renuka woke up on hearing the birds chirping outside the window. She looked around and said to herself,"Which place is this? Where am I?" She kept looking around. After some time, when realisation hit her, she exclaimed,"Oh! What an idiot I am!"

Covering her naked body with the blanket, she bent down and picked up the petticoat and saree from the floor

Covering her naked body with the blanket, she bent down and picked up the petticoat and saree from the floor. She wore her blouse and petticoat and then, wrapped the saree around herself like a shawl. She took out a salwar-kameez set from the almirah. She changed the bedsheet and tidied the bed. Then she hurried towards the bathroom, taking the clothes with her.

When she was bathing, Ajay went to the bedroom to wake her up. When he could not find her in the bedroom, he walked towards the bathroom. He knocked on the bathroom door.

"Renuka???"

"Yeah... I'm bathing."

"I have prepared breakfast for both of us."

"Okay, I'm coming."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Ajay went to open the door. On opening it, he saw the young girl who used to live next door. She had a plate in her hand which was covered by another plate.

"Aai sent this for you and your bride."

"Oh.....So your Aai sent this?"

"Yes. You came here with your new bride. So, she wanted to send something to you."

"Thank You"

The girl handed him the plate and returned to her house. Ajay went to the kitchen to keep the plate.

After some time, Renuka came out of the bathroom. She went to the balcony and hung the clothes on the clothesline. She went to the kitchen and saw Ajay. He said to her,"I was waiting for you." Renuka smiled at him and poured tea into a cup for herself.

"What else did you cook?"

"Omelette"

" That's nice. And what's there in that plate?"

"Oh that! The next door lady sent that for us through her daughter."

"What did she send?"

"Aloo paratha"

"Wow"

"Do you like Aloo Paratha?"

"Yes, I love Aloo Paratha. What about you?"

"I like it too. Who can say 'no' to Aloo Paratha?"

"That's true."

"By the way, how long will you be on leave?"

"Two weeks. And you?"

"One week"

"These private companies don't grant leaves easily. That's why the government jobs are better. You can even get a leave for one month."