14. Privileges?

After the secret meeting, Mihrimah returned to the harem with a heavy heart. She had Ismihan Sultan arrested immediately, as the judge had confessed that all his actions were ordered by Ismihan Sultan. Upon learning this, her mother, Hümaşah Sultan, and Kosem Sultan questioned her. Mihrimah explained the situation to them and comforted them, assuring them that she had everything under control.

With a determined stride, she then made her way to Murad's chamber. As she entered, everyone in the room bowed in respect. She glanced at the guards standing outside and ordered, "Call Ibrahim Pasha and send him with Mercan Aga after my call." She took a deep breath to steady herself and moved towards the table to write a letter.

Once the letter was complete, she called out, "Agha!" The door opened, and Ibrahim Pasha, accompanied by Mercan Aga, entered the room and bowed in respect. "Sultanam," they greeted. Mihrimah nodded and stamped the letter, addressing Ibrahim Pasha, "Hit the road as soon as possible, Ibrahim Pasha. Deliver this letter to Sultan Murad."

She handed the letter to Mercan Aga, who sealed it with wax using her stamp. Ibrahim Pasha expressed his concern, "I'm not comfortable, my sultana. I can't leave you here alone." Mihrimah reassured him, "I can't trust anyone but you, Ibrahim Pasha. And don't worry, Abaza Mehmet Pasha is here." Ibrahim Pasha bowed, "As you wish," and left with the letter.

At her command, Abaza Mehmet Pasha entered the room and bowed, "Sultana. As you commanded, everyone is in the Assembly, especially Ahizade Effendi is being followed. In addition, the soldiers in the barracks are being watched. Even the slightest turmoil will not be allowed." Mihrimah nodded in approval, "Good. Don't let anyone get uneasy until Sultan arrives. If someone gets uneasy, take care of them." Mihrimah sat there, her face devoid of any emotions, her voice resonating with power. She was the epitome of grace and elegance, a true Sultana.