4. Respect or Fear?

Author's pov

The marriage took place in the city of Manisa. Now, it was time for Mihrimah to move to her new home in Istanbul. Accompanied by her maids, the Sultan, and his army, they embarked on their journey to Istanbul. Along the way, they stopped for a rest. It was here that our leads met again after six long years.

In the seclusion of the tent room, they didn't exchange many words, but their hearts spoke volumes. The silence between them was filled with unspoken emotions and memories of the past. It was a silent conversation, a dialogue of hearts rather than words. This marked the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, a chapter filled with anticipation and hope for the future.

Sultan Murad pov

Seeing her in all her beauty and grace, my heart began to race. I knew she didn't love me now, but I was determined to change that.

We reminisced about our past encounters, and through these conversations, Mihrimah began to open up more to me. Each shared memory, each laugh, and each moment of silence brought us closer. It was as if we were rediscovering each other, learning to navigate the uncharted waters of our relationship.

This was just the beginning. I knew the road ahead would be filled with challenges, but I was ready to face them, for her and for us.

Author's pov

The journey took several days, and during this time, Mihrimah began to develop feelings for Murad. The seeds of affection were slowly sprouting in her heart, adding a new dimension to their relationship.

Upon reaching the capital, Mihrimah was warmly welcomed by her best friend, Atike Sultan, and Kosem Sultan. The familiar faces brought a sense of comfort and belonging. As she stepped into her new life, she was not alone; she had friends and loved ones by her side, ready to support her in this new chapter of her life. The journey had just begun, and Mihrimah was ready to embrace whatever the future held for her.

" DESTUR !!!! SULTAN MURAD WA MIHRIMAH SULTAN HAZRETLER !!! "

In the grandeur of the Sultanate, all present bowed in reverence to the Sultan's wife, a princess whose power was unrivaled.

"Welcome, Mihrimah," Atike Sultan's voice echoed through the hall, a sentiment echoed by all present. "Thank you, Atike Sultan," they chorused. Mihrimah's gaze swept over the scene before her. The state she beheld was not only the most beautiful but also the most powerful in the world. It was a sight she had seen and a life she had lived before, yet now, as she viewed it as her future home, it was nothing short of overwhelming.

Without a moment's hesitation, Murad moved to inspect the workings of the Sultanate in his absence.

Kosem Sultan watched this unfold, a smile playing on her lips. She turned to Mihrimah and said, "Come, Mihrimah. Welcome to your new home." "Thank you, Aunt," Mihrimah responded. Kosem Sultan continued, "Come with me; I'll show you the most beautiful place in this Sultanate." Mihrimah knew exactly what she meant and followed her willingly.

Their journey through the palace led them to an imposing entrance guarded by an array of soldiers.

As they approached, the guards swung open the doors and announced their arrival......

" DESTUR !!!! VALIDE KOSEM SULTAN.......WA .......HASEKI MIHRIMAH SULTAN HAZRETLER!! "