Brothers Divided - Part 1

Start from the beginning

I focused on the pilot and took control of his mind. Moving my hands, I got him to place them on the steering. Turning mine, the walker went where I wanted it to go. Aiming at the closest stormtrooper, I got the pilot to fire. The blast hit its target, and I redirected the walker to fire at the other troopers. I took it step by step, simulating its movement, and fired at the rest of the squad. I heard the cries of the other troopers, and all I could do was internally laugh. Showing no mercy, I eliminated the squad before stopping. Then I took one more step forward, sending the walker hurtling off a cliff before letting go. "When did Kanan teach you that?" Sabine asked, stunned at what she saw. "He didn't," I answered coldly. She thought that I was just that good, but deep down I knew where I learned that ability. They cannot know about the Sith Holocron. The prison doors blasted open, but it was too late for the Empire. "Get ready to jump!" I commanded, getting a signal from my comlink. "Jump? What does he mean, jump?" Hondo wondered. "It means our ride is here," Zeb said. I saw the Ghost flying in the sky, descending a bit under the platform. "Now!" I shouted, as we changed direction and jumped onto the ship's hull, flying away from danger. Mission success.

"Was that Imperial walker helping you?" Hera asked. "Yeah. Ezra used his Jedi mind trick on the pilot. Pretty wizard," Zeb said. Good. "I did what I had to do," I replied. "Ah, Captain Syndulla. I appreciate the rescue. And of course, I expect full payment even though Terba tried to betray us," Hondo said as he walked in. "Wait, who's Terba?" Hera wondered. "Hondo's former cellmate who almost botched the mission. He didn't make it," Sabine answered. "Ezra, did you know about this?" Hera asked me. "Uh, not exactly. But Hondo and I had a deal," I said honestly. "Ezra, when it's your mission, you are responsible for ALL of the details," she scolded. "I was responsible for what I knew! We found Hondo, and here he is!" I snapped back. Realizing I lashed out at the crew, I sighed to calm myself down. "I'm sorry about Terba," I said before storming to my cabin. "I knew the details of the mission! Terba got himself killed. It's not my fault!" I shouted to myself, hitting my bedside table. I sensed the holocron light up behind me under my favorite helmet. I picked it up and opened it. "They never would have succeeded without me. Don't they know that?" I said. "Your anger gives you strength, gives you focus. You can see things clearly your friends cannot. Now, what else do you desire?" the holocron replied. "If they can't see, I must become stronger, more powerful. I will never let my friends get hurt again," I promised. "Good. You have made significant progress. Until we speak again," the holocron said before I closed it. There was more I wanted to say, but these short bursts of information have kept me focused on this path. I was concerned about the crew's well-being, but I noticed that Y/N was acting a little strange. He remained completely silent and didn't glare at Hondo once. This never happens when he's involved in our missions, and I could sense his anger despite looking emotionless during the debriefing. Is he hiding something?

Y/N's POV:

My biggest fear has come true. Ezra's aggressive attitude carried over even after the mission was over. I heard him talking to himself while walking to my cabin a little bit ago. Or was he talking to something? Whatever it was, I had to find the source of where his changed behavior came from. The Ghost touched down on Atollon right outside the command center, as always. Sato and Rex were waiting for us to start the briefing. Our work was far from done, as we had to find out where this intel would take us. "So, so, so. How much do you insist on paying me for this intel?" Hondo asked, already getting down to business. "Being rescued from that Imperial prison wasn't enough? What more do you want?" I pressed. "Ah, what good is a pirate without a ship? You know, the Ghost is a very nice ship. I could probably" "Forget it," we all said, cutting the pirate off. "I'm kidding, of course, but I do need a ship. Nothing too fancy. Just something with a roomy cargo hold, hyperdrive..." Hondo rambled. I looked at Zeb, who shook his head at me, clearly disinterested in what the pirate had to say. I refocused my attention on Hondo as he actually shared his intel. "I give to you the planet Yarma. And hidden in its cloudy heavens, Reklam Station. A secret Imperial salvage yard where thousands of Republic starfighters are being dismantled for scrap. My former friend Terba worked on the line there, before he was arrested for trying to escape," he explained. A hologram of a Y-shaped fighter appeared on the projector. "Y-Wings? Kinda old. Can they fly?" Hera wondered. "Those bombers may be old, but they were solid in combat operations," Rex said. Must be a relic from the Clone Wars. "If we can steal a squadron's worth..." Hera began. "...They would be key to building a strike fleet. One that's capable of our next objective: The destruction of the Empire's factory on Lothal," Sato said. "What are we waiting for? Let's go get 'em," Ezra said, enthused that our ultimate goal was to help save his home. "Not so fast. We need to scout it out first, confirm Hondo's intel, and recon its defenses," Hera stated. "You still don't trust Hondo? Given our history together?" the pirate said. "Look in the mirror, buddy," I said half-jokingly. "Ezra Bridger, I trusted you with the last mission and your success has not gone unnoticed. You will lead this mission as Lieutenant Commander," Sato stated with gratitude. "A promotion?" Ezra wondered. "You earned it kid," Rex confirmed. We all gave our congratulations as we prepared to depart for the next mission. "Kanan would be proud," I heard Hera say. "Yeah, he has a funny way of showing it considering he's never around," Ezra said with a bit of sadness before walking off. He was right, Kanan secluded himself and dodged any sort of questioning we tried to give him. But I was certain that Ezra was dealing with something of far greater concern than the distancing of his master.