²²nemesism

(n.) frustration, anger, or aggression directed inward, toward oneself and one's way of living.

***

THE RIDE BACK TO hogwarts was long and tiring. It was also the first time Narcissa and Adira weren't accompanied by Peggy, it felt weird.

But it was hard to miss her when the compartment was full anyway, Regulus, Evan and Snape filled the room.

"So, i've been thinking, what are the odds of me getting out of this arranged marriage?" Narcissa asked, causing the boys to look at her with pity.

"I'm sure something can be done... right?" She said once she noticed their sad faces.

Adira simply shrugged, the odds of her being able to get out of the marriage were extremely slim. Nobody cared if Lucius was faithful to her or not as long as they had kids to continue the pure bloodline, Narcissa knew this deep down but hey, wishful thinking.

"Well i personally think you deserve a lot better than that blonde prick." Evan said, causing everyone to turn and face him, Regulus and Adira with smirks on their faces.

Narcissa raised her eyebrows, "I thought you was friends with him."

He scoffed, "No, I just tolerate him... I don't like him... Not after what he did to you, I mean, I just don't like people who aren't loyal, I think commitment is a great thing! Like really! I think it's important for a relationship to have trust and friendship and fun and loyalty... and, uhm, you wouldn't get that with a guy like him-"

Regulus jumped in to stop his best friend from rambling, "I believe what Evan is trying to say, is that he's a prick."

Evan nodded, his face red and his hands fidgeting.

Narcissa nodded, "I'm still in shock about the fact it was one of my bestfriends aswell... do you think i was too harsh on her? I didn't hear her side of the story..."

Adira shook her head, "You don't owe her anything, she shouldn't have done that to you."

Narcissa sighed and faced the window.

Evan jumped up out of his chair causing Adira to ask, "You okay?"

He smiled, "Yes, i just have energy and i don't want to sit down so i'm gonna go and talk to some people, see you all soon." He said, "Snape, come with me i won't be able to carry all the chocolate," He added before leaving the compartment.

Snape stood up and followed after the boy.

"I've never been more convinced someone has ADHD in all my life." Regulus sighed, shuffling in his chair to take up the room Evan had left.

Adira laughed and sat staring out the window also. If someone told her a month ago that she would be attempting to marry Regulus Black she'd think they needed testing.

The weird, sort of awkward dynamic between them was something that needed fixing though.

Ever since they became sort of friends the hatred had faded however the lines of their rules and friendship had become blurred, the fact they almost kissed at christmas break on their own accord was something Adira now cringed at when she looked back on.

She isn't a relationship girl, the thought of letting someone know everything about you, knowing your fears, knowing your secrets and then there's the possibility of them leaving you, no, definitely not.

Regulus was in a similar situation where he couldn't stop thinking about their almost kiss- however he was cringing because he didnt do it. Not because it nearly happened.