¹⁸Mysa

(n.) the feeling of comfort and protection, a time dedicated to 'coziness'
(please comment and vote- don't be a silent reader)
***

EVERYONE WOULD BE leaving for christmas break tomorrow, the castle was cold but people were talking more excitedly.

People running around discussing gifts and plans that they'd meet up during the winter half term and grab a coffee or something.

Adira on the other hand was sat in the library, dreading the holiday.

James and Sirius could use magic outside of school now, her parents already made her life a living hell however this really would be the icing on the cake.

She was sat, allowing herself to wallow in self pity with many books around her, that were only really there for decoration.

That was when someone sat down infront of her.

She lifted her head up, snapping out of her own pity to see Peggy infront of her with an awkward smile.

"What do you want?" Adira asked, dragging one of the books closer to her, trying to act as if she was busy so Peggy would leave her alone.

Peggy looked a little annoyed at her words before she replied, "I just want to talk... i didn't want too hurt her, Adira... it was a heat of the moment thing i didn't expect for it to happen!"

Adira glared at the girl, "She's your best friend Peggy. The fact you would do that to her is evil."

Peggy looked more upset than angry now, "She's not my bestfriend. we never saw eye to eye... you are my bestfriend... that's why i thought you'd hear me out... but clearly you only care about Narcissa." She sighed, "Just like everyone else."

Adira stared at her, "And what's that meant to mean?"

Peggy snapped, clearly she'd been internalising some anger and it had all rushed to the surface now, she stood up from her chair and slammed her hands on the table.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is? I am always the second choice. I'm your Narcissa backup, Every boy thinks i'm nothing more than a slag! they don't even talk to me Adira! You have no idea what it's like! I seem shallow and uncaring about everything but i don't want to be like this... who wants to be like this?" She took a deep breath, sinking back into her chair now, "You're important to everyone... you don't understand."

Adira looked a little shocked but now getting angered at her words, "i don't understand? you're really sitting here and telling me that i don't understand what it's like to feel unimportant? You know my home-life situation... look i'm sorry that some boys might only want to sniff up your skirt and nothing more, but don't ever compare our situations."

She stood up, giving up on any last minute peace before returning home to hell for a few weeks, and stormed out the library.

***

THE CASTLE WAS freezing. Everyone was wrapped up in scarfs and coats as they walked around.

Narcissa wanted the group (minus Peggy) to visit Hogsmede before they had to return home to pick up some last minute presents and what not.

Adira wasn't really in the mood, she didn't want to walk around in the freezing cold when she was dreading returning home.

She'd much rather be sat in the common room with a blanket reading a book, however unfortunately, Narcissa wasn't budging.