⁶Meraki

meraki
(n.): to do something with soul, creativity or love, to put yourself into your work.

***

THE NEXT DAY was a tuesday, Adira had to wake up at 6:30 after having only 3 hours of sleep.

getting little to no sleep wasn't unusual for the black haired girl, but she didn't like the grogginesses that it brung with it.

narcissa and peggy are both still asleep, so she pulls herself up and decided to get in the shower.

the conversation from the previous night feels like a sort of dream, it's hard to know if it actually happened or not, but as she steps into the shower and feels the cold metal around her thumb she knows that it wasn't a dream.

Regulus fucking Black actually asked her to marry him.

sure, it was fake, and they'd still be able to kiss and shag other people, but it was still strange to think about.

The warm water hit her body as she grabbed the nearest shampoo and rubbed it through her hair, when suddenly the door opened and Narcissa walked in.

it wasn't strange for the girls to be in the bathroom at the same time, it was normal for Narcissa to come in and brush her teeth when Adira was in the shower.

as the blonde – brunette picked up her toothbrush and shoved it in her mouth she decided now would be an excellent time to question her.

"what's up with you?" Narcissa asked, peering up from the mirror to look at her in the reflection, toothpaste foaming out of her mouth.

"what are you talking about?" Adira replied, still trying to get all the soap out of her hair.

"oh please, your aura radiates all kinds of negativity" She laughed back, spitting into the sink before sitting on the sink so she could actually talk to the girl.

Adira stayed silent, not really wanting to talk about it right now. not when it was fresh on her mind.

Narcissa gave her a confused look, "did something happen on patrol?"

sighing, Adira knew what Narcissa was like, she wouldn't stop pestering until she got the answers that suited her, she loved the girl but sometimes she wished she wouldn't mind as much.

"depends if you consider your cousin proposing to me interesting."

Narcissa fell off the sink with a loud smack, winding herself in the process, coughing her guts up.

Adira quickly got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around her and helping her up, "i'm assuming you do find that interesting."

after a gobsmacked look was exchanged the blonde finally catches her breath.

"that's excellent news!" Narcissa shouted, grabbing the dark haired girls arms and smiling wildly.

okay, so that was definitely not the reaction that she was expecting.

"what? why is it excellent."

"you was going to have to marry someone, and this means that we're going to be related it's excellent news!" the girl seemed estatic.

adira got on her knees and put her hair over the side of the tub to wash out any remaining soap.

"well calm yourself, i haven't accepted yet."

"and is that why his ring is on your finger." she teased, pointing to the hand that was holding the shower head.

"i was just teasing him, said i wouldn't even think about it unless he got me a ring so he just gave me one off of his hand, cheap bastard."