PROLOGUE: WELCOME TO RINTHUM

Welcome to the land of Rinthum, where dungeons and monsters spread throughout the land. Join and become a Hunter, to kill and defeat monsters and beasts alike, to earn unheard wealth and power as you travel through deep dungeons located in the known Four Cities of the land.

"AHHHH!!!!"

What are you waiting for? A journey of the unknown awaits you, as you prepare your-

"Die!!!! You masked freak!!!"

Oops, lost track there. Quickly evading the man's incoming knife I stepped to the side then grabbed his arm where he was holding it. Upon holding the arm I proceeded to pull his arm and slam him to the ground as he dropped his knife.

Now, what was I talking about? Welcome to...blah-blah-blah spread throughout...blah-blah-blah unheard wealth....cities....oh right, who the idiot said that!!?! Are they trying to get more people killed!!? And Hunters!!? Why would anybody want to be those arrogant sons of B-

"P-PLEASE S-SPARE ME!!!" said the man who was attacking me moments ago.

As this pathetic excuse of a Hunter tried to gain a small amount of distance from me. He was enjoying tormenting a little girl who was just selling matches a few minutes ago before I intervened. His arrogant confidence quickly vanished the moment I slammed him to the ground.

"PLEASE I-I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING, WHAT DO YOU WANT MONEY? I HAVE ONE!"

The man continued to beg as I slowly walked toward him, holding the knife he was confidently using to threaten the little girl. Wait a minute......upon looking where the girl was hiding, I realized there was a child there. Oops, I can't beat someone in front of a child, they'd be traumatized.

"Stay there, if you try to run I'll aim this knife at your head got it," I said in a cold and menacing tone. The man only nodded his head upon hearing it.

Upon confirming it, I quickly turned my back and walked toward the hiding girl. The girl slightly shook and tightly gripped the cardboard she was hiding as I walked toward her, Oh right, who wouldn't be scared of a man who was wearing all black and had a smiling theater mask placed on his face suddenly walking toward you?

I knelt in front of her and patted her head. " Run along now, go somewhere far from that scar man, OK?" I said with a mix of warmth in my voice.

The little girl nodded and then ran off. I smiled underneath the mask as the little girl escaped from the scene, however, my smile quickly disappeared as I threw the knife in the direction of the man, completely missing his face by an inch, and pierced through the wall. The man looked at me with dread as I stared at him.

Cracking my knuckles as I once again walked toward him. "Now, about the money you said you have."

****

I was now walking away from the alleyway where an unconscious man lying. I grinned underneath my mask as I held a pouch full of money.

'It was a lot of money, maybe I should eat'

I quickly stopped my thought as I felt a small tug from my pants. Looking down I saw the little girl.

"T-thank you for saving." Said the girl as she bowed in front of me.

A small smile crept in as I only patted the head of the girl, the next thing I did would surprise the girl as I gave her the pouch full of money, and then before the girl could say something, I quickly disappeared through the crowd.

Was it worth it to give the money to that kid? Yes, Did I regret it? Nope. I'm just a guy who is trying to live peacefully in this world, to me it's just another day in this City.