~8~

Author's Pov

"KABIR!"

Her jaw dropped. The last person she expected to hear on the call was the one who made her school days a living nightmare, the person she once loved. As memories flooded back, tears welled up in her eyes, yet she fought to keep them hidden, she did not want to shed her tears, she refused to let anyone glimpse the pain she carried. 

"Yeah...It's me...You know it's been quite a while...We met..." "What do you want?" Y/n abruptly cut him with a curt response.

"See I know you are angry with me but..." "Can you please come to the point?" She again interrupted him, her tone mixed with nonchalance and irritation. The person on the other end sighed in response.

"I love you" he confessed, leaving her momentarily stunned. The unexpected declaration caught her off guard, and she burst into laughter"You might be kidding right? The guy who once rejected me and sided with my bullies is now professing his love? Am I in a parallel universe or something?"

"I know it's hard for you to believe but it's true...I loved you...from the very beginning and I'm sorry I never told you sooner They made me bully you, and I never wanted any part of it. Please, you have to believe me I..." he paused, tears welling up as he struggled to continue speaking.

Y/n eyes turned soft and a sigh escaped her lips "Stop crying please it's making me look like I have committed a crime"  she said biting her lips. "I-I will give you a last chance to make things nice between us but remember I can't love you anymore." with that, she hung up the call.

With a subtle sigh, she shifted her gaze to Jungkook, finding his eyes locked onto her, attempting to decipher her emotions. Swiftly, she averted her eyes.

"Who was he?"  he said softly as he gently brushed away the tear that dared to escape her eyes. 

Her gaze met his again, filled with an adoration so intense it spoke volumes.  Swiftly, she averted her eyes, nervously biting her lips. "Back in high school, he was my crush. Yet, he rejected me, joining my bullies to make those days even harder for me."

he didn't say anything, enveloping her in a tight embrace. She clung to him, releasing a cascade of tears, each drop carrying the weight of unspoken pain. As the last tear fell, exhaustion claimed her, and she drifted into a peaceful slumber in his comforting arms.

He gently placed her on the bed, settling down beside her. As he admired her peaceful slumber, a tender smile graced his lips while his fingers delicately traced her cheeks. He sighed and reluctantly rose from the bed.

__

The piercing wail of the alarm jolted her awake. With a reluctant groan, she resisted the urge to stay nestled in the warmth of her bed. However, the insistent clamour of the machine left her no choice but to surrender to the morning, accompanied by yet another groan.

Startled awake, she rubbed her eyes, scanning the room in confusion. The realization hit her – the bed was empty. Memories of tears on Jungkook's chest lingered but she didn't remember when she slept.

She was about to get up from her bed when a notification popped up on her phone screen. With curiosity in her grasp, she snatched up the device to discover three mysterious messages from an unknown number.

She opened the app and discovered a series of messages from Kabir that read...

UNKNOWN: Hey Y/n it's me, Kabir