𝟏𝟎. the cool ones

ten.
( the lightning thief.  )
❛ the cool ones. ❜

THE GROUP HAD SPENT two tiring days in the uncertain safety of the amtrak train, heading steadily west through hills, rivers and orchids

THE GROUP HAD SPENT two tiring days in the uncertain safety of the amtrak train, heading steadily west through hills, rivers and orchids. After leaving the forest, Colette had been quite sad to say goodbye to the poodle, only doing so when Percy had pulled her away. So far on their train ride they had yet to be ambushed, and for some reason that put them more on edge than any attack would. There was suspense in the air, rushing through their veins as they sat in the display case of the train, constantly being observed. And it didn't help that now Percy was plastered inside several east cost newspapers (colette too, though due to her slightly more blurry image behind Percy, the public had narrowed their stares onto him rather than her.)

the Trenton register-news paper held the picture taken by the tourist on the front page. Percy's eyes were wide and manic as he swung his sword which was blurred to look almost like a baseball bat or lacrosse stick. Behind him, Colette was shown to be staring off camera, her mouth slightly agape from where she sat upon the floor, 'guitar' slung over her back.

The title read: Twelve-year-old Percy Jackson, wanted for questioning in the Long Island disappearance of his mother two weeks ago, is shown here fleeing from the bus where he accosted several elderly female passengers. The bus exploded on an east New Jersey roadside shortly after Jackson fled the scene. Based on eyewitness accounts, police believe the boy may be traveling with three teenage accomplices—one of which being the girl he is seen to have been protecting in the source. Could this be the start to a teenage revolt or a sick reenactment of a teenage Bonnie and Clyde? Jackson's stepfather, Gabe Ugliano, has offered a cash reward for information leading to his capture.

Colette glared down at the source, specifically the label that she had been given within it. when Percy had leaned over her shoulder, reading the words and letting out a grunt of distaste at the words, colette had sent her elbow straight into his gut with a look of irritation. like she would every love somebody so annoying—the thought was nauseating!

"Don't worry," annabeth brushed off Percy's concerns after he took the newspaper from colette's hold (the girl having stuck her tongue out at him as he did, to which he had mimicked the action only to be called immature by annabeth) "Mortal police could never find us." she continued, though percy thought she didn't sound so sure.

The rest of the day was spent watching the hours pass by as the train unfolded through a vary of different landscapes. Unable to relax, Percy had spent the better part of his day pacing up and down the aisle anxiously whilst Colette curled up in a chair, her elbow on the arm of the seat and her chin resting on her hand on she stared out into the passing distance. There were a few noticeable sights—a group of centaurs raising their bows for lunch and once they'd noticed the four on the train, they waved enthusiastically though nobody else saw. At one point, Percy had insisted to colette that he saw a lion leap through the forest.