~٧~

AAMIR.
Algiers, Algeria.

Saturday comes by so fast, and I've been super nervous since morning. "What if her father says no? What if I'm not good enough in his eyes?" The what-if list I had listed was enough to make Aman's ears fall off.

She also made some shawarmas to take over to their house, and it was almost time to leave. We would be going to the masjid from their house.

Nana comes knocking on my door and Aman's door.It's time to go," he yells from the other side. "Okay, Nana!" We take two cars to their house; Baba takes Nana and Nanu while I'm with Aman and Ommi.

"It's going to be fine, Aamir." I'm sure they'll love you; they have to," Aman assures me as we wait for the front door to open. And as if it were opened by Naeem, what is he doing here, and how is he related to Nasreen?

"Asalamu alaikum," he greets. "Come in, please," he says, holding onto the door. "Mashaa Allah Naeem, nice to see you again," Baba says. "How come you're here?" He asks, "Well, my mother sent me over with a fruit basket for her sister Nasreen's mom," he explains. "Oh, Mashaa Allah, are you staying for dinner?" A man appears from inside the house who is definitely Nasreen's father.

"No, uncle, I have a few errands I need to attend to; maybe next time, in shaa Allah," he apologies, heading for the door. "Good luck, man," he whispers to me, patting me on the back before leaving.

"I'm so sorry, please come in," Nasreen's father says, taking us into the living room. Their house is very simple and cosy, Mashaa Allah. I sit close to Nana after we are ushered in. "Mashaa Allah, nice to see all of you," he greets, "and Fatima will be down soon." I'm guessing Nasreen's mom.

Nasreen is the only child of both parents and just finished her masters degree a few months ago. She is older than Aman by two years.

"You must be Aman," her father says, looking at Aman, and she nods. "Asalamu alaikum." She smiles. "Waalaikumus salam abnati, go meet Nasreen upstairs so we can talk," he says, and she nods once more before excusing us.

Both Nasreen and Aman come down in time for salah, so we all pray in their prayer rooms before breaking our fasts.
After dinner, we are given room to get to know each other, with Aman as the third person.

"Assalamu Alaikum." I say once we are sitting, "Wa'alaikumus salam," and she responds, "How are you and how has Ramadan been so far?" I ask, trying to make conversation. "It's been good so far, Alhamdulilah." She says, and I nod. "I know you have questions; please feel free to ask me, although we have to work with time." I say, and she nods.
We talk for at least fifteen minutes, and then Baba says it's time to leave, so we aren't late for I'sha.

They all escort us outside, and we say our goodbyes before driving straight to the mosque. "So, Aamir, everything went well, and if you both are fine with it, we can set up a sit-and-talk for you two to get to know each other," Ommi says as I park the car.

"That's fine, Ommi," I agree. "Your father will tell you more later, in shaa Allah," Ommi says as she, Aman, and Nanu walk in the direction of the women's section.

Baba, Nana, and I walk to the men's section for I'sha and Taraweeh; after Taraweeh, we head back home. When we get home, I follow Aman up to her room while the elders stay downstairs for some tea.

"Was she nice to you, Aman?" I ask, "She was more than nice, Masha Allah; do give it a chance and get to know her more, you know; see where things go." She advises taking off her hijab.

"I will see to that," I nod. "Don't forget to pray to Allah and make istiharah," she adds. "Of course, Ramadan is the best time to ask Allah for something; I surely will." I chuckle. "Are you going to the mosque early tomorrow? I want to go with you." She questions.

"Yes, in shaa Allah," I reply, bringing out my phone to check tomorrow's date. "Do inform me of when you're going," she says. "I will, and can you please make that chocolate cake of yours so I can take it with me tomorrow? We are having iftar at the mosque in shaa Allah." I ask.

"Sure, I'll make it with extra chocolate syrup just how you like it." She smiles. "You're the best," I praise, getting up to hug her and making her giggle. "Get some sleep, and don't forget to pray for me," I add while she nods, patting me on the back.

When finally in the four walls of my room, I begin to replay Nasreen and my conversation, trying to see what my future with her could be based on her answers.

As she answered all my questions, I was really assured that I could give this a shot. I go through my nightly routine before getting on my bed to read the Qur'an.

Hi, hi, hi
How is everyone doing? I've been doing great Alhamdulilah 😌, I hope you all are too. So they finally meet huh? Let's keep going and see how this goes. So this might and might not be my last update before Ramadan begins. Byeeee.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share 💋.