Chapter 11 - Starting the trial Part 1/2

Rei looked at the gates behind him and advised "When you're leaving Jubilife Village, make sure you choose a destination from your map and tell Ress the guardsman where you're going." "Who's Ress?" Ash asked "Pikachu?" Pikachu cried in confusion as he twisted his ear "That guy!" Rei pointed at the person standing near the gates "Ok!" Ash replied with a relief smile.

"That way, someone can come to your aid if you're knocked out by a pokèmon." Rei elaborated "What about my pokémons including Cyndaquil?" Ash questioned "I'll get to that part." Rei paused Ress nodded in agreement.

Rei looked at Ash and smiled saying "Your trial begins just a short way past that front gate!" "Alright!" Ash shouted in excitement "Pikachu!" "Greninja!" Pikachu and Greninja cheered making Rei giggle.

Ash runs towards the gates with Greninja following him "STOP!" Ress shouted Ash stopped and looked at him "You're Ash Ketchum, correct?" Ress asked "Yeah!" Adh nodded "I was informed you'd be passing through." Ress said "Passing through?" Ash replied "Your trial will take place outside the safety of the village." Ress warned "Please take care to come back alive." He entreated.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure no wild pokémons lays hands on me or my pokémon!" Ash replied with a smile. Ress smiled Ash checked on his Arceus phone and opened up the map app to see where he's going and puts it back.

"Alright!" Ash yelled and he places his hands on his hips Ress blinked and asked "What was that?" Without answering Ash ran with Greninja following him and Pikachu on his shoulder "Wait for me!" Rei yelled running after him. Ress sighted as they left and murmured "I don't get paid enough...."

They arrived at a camp Ash looked around. Pikachu jumped off Ash's shoulder and walked towards the firepit, Greninja and Cyndaquil who came from it's Pokéball joined to play. Ash giggled as he watches two of his pokémons play with each other.

"This is our base camp-the last safe haven before you reach the wilds." Rei explained "Do any wild pokèmons come into the base camp?" Ash asked with raising an eyebrow Rei looked away and replied "I don't even know..." "But anyways! For your trial, you must catch three species of Pokémon: Bidoof, Starly, and Shinx!" Rei tasked "That's easy!" Ash responded with pride.

Rei smirked and said "You'll not have a great time." Rei's eyes suddenly shrinked "What happened?!" Ash asked Pikachu, Greninja, and Cyndaquil came to aid Ash after hearing his concern voice. "Oh, Professor? Is something wrong?" Rei asked "Professor?" Ash said as he turned and glanced at Laventon who walked in.

Laventon had a sad face amd said "Ah, well, you see...." "See what?" Ash asked "Greninja!" Greninja scold "Captain Cyllene got hold of me after you left...." Laventon explained "Oh dear....." Ash replied "So.... What happened?" He then asked. "She impressed upon me that I bear full responsibility for whatever happens to "our sudden guest"." Laventon revealed.

Ash smiled and said "That's good news! But, why does she call me "sudden guest"?" "Maybe because your new?" Rei answered. "That's our unsparing captain. But what help exactly can you offer out here, Professor?" Rei asked "Pikachu?" Pikachu questioned Rei picked Pikachu up and hugged him lightly Pikachu started to screech in happiness. But then snapped back to reality. "To be honest, my dear boy, I don't intend to lift a finger! Ash's talent are the real deal." Laventon answered.

Ash blinked and pointed at himself with one finger "My talent?" He questioned Laventon nodded "He'll pass with flying colors-you'll see!" Laventon supported. Rei laughed and put Pikachu down "Ah. So the responsibility for him still lies, in fact, with me, then." Rei said with a smile "So.... Your gonna look after me like a big brother?" Ash asked Rei opened his eyes and exclaimed "WHAT?!" Ash laughed and said he was joking. Rei gave him an annoyed look and replied "Ok....".

"Well, I'm sure Ash will be fine." Rei supported "Let's begin the trial!" Rei tasked "Finally after that long talk! We can finally start!" Ash said in annoyment Laventon frowned and said "Sorry for wasting your entire time, Ash." "No! No, Professor! Don't blame yourself for wasting your time! You did nothing wrong at all!" Ash responded with a smile. Professor Laventon smiled and so does Rei.

Cyndaquil, Pikachu, and Greninja cried in excitement for the trial. Cyndaquil returned to his pokéball as Pikachu jumped on Ash's shoulder and Greninja followed him running. Rei glanced at Ash running and huffed "WAIT FOR ME!" Rei yelled chasing Ash and his pokémons Laventon watches them fade away and smiled like a proud father.

Ash and his pokémons stopped and waited for Rei. Rei came to them huffing as Greninja spits water at him to cool him down "Thanks...." Rei replied huffing and puffing.

Rei got up and said "This is Aspiration Hill. The species of Pokémon you're meant to catch all live here." Rei explained Ash and his pokémons were amazed by this beautiful landscape. "So is this Obsidian Fieldlands?" Ash quizzed Rei looked at him and answered "Yes it is!" "It's so big and clean!" Ash praises "I'm glad your enjoying the view their Ash." Rei commended "Thanks!" Ash replied.

"Greninja!" Greninja pointed at the Bidoof "A Bidoof!" Ash whispered trying not to scare the wild pokémon. "And along comes a Bidoof! Time to get ready to catch it." Rei tasked. The wild Bidoof runs around like a free animal.

"The key is to aim carefully. Not that you seem to need my advice-I'm just sharing what I know." Rei explicated. "Greninja! Pikachu! Stay with Rei! I'm going to catch this Bidoof quietly." Ash ordered both pokémons agreed. Greninja followed Rei while Pikachu jumped from Ash to Rei's shoulder.

Ash jogged towards the wild Bidoof while it's not looking and threw the pokéball at her. The pokéball shaked a bit until it was captured, Ash picked the ancient Pokéball and lifted it in the air "Bidoof is caught!" Ash said with a smile. "You caught a Bidoof! Well done!" Rei praises "Pikachu!" Pikachu cheered "Greninja!" Greninja cheered as he patted Ash's head.

"Time to find your next Pokémon." Rei tasked. "Follow me!" Rei advised as he turned around and walked, Greninja and Ash followed him while Pikachu was sitting on his shoulder. Starly walks around.

"There's Starly." Rei pointed "They're skittish little things-they'll run if startled." He explained "I have a Starly!" Ash said smiling "Really?!" Rei replied looking at Ash gaping.

Ash glanced back at Rei and responded "Yes!" "Startly!" The bird pokémon cried. "Let's cat-""Stop!" Rei prevented as Ash was about to throw a pokéball.

"You should be able to get close to them if you crouch-you'll be harder to spot!" Rei advised pointing at the dark green, pointy grass. Ash nodded. Pikachu jumped on Rei's shoulder as Rei and Greninja walked away to give Ash more space. "Right...." Ash whispered as he crouched on the dark green grass and sneakily walk towards the unalerted Starly.

Quickly he threw the Pokéball at Starly. The pokéball moved until it was caught successfully, Ash pickex up the pokéball and shouted "Gotcha!" "Wait a go!" Rei cheered running towards Ash "Pikachu!" Pikachu cheered "Greninja!" Greninja also cheered.

"One more to go!" Rei said.

To Be Countinued....