I think it's important that they like me even a little bit. I'm marrying their son in only two weeks.

I had to apply more foundation around my eyes to hide the dark circles. My dress is a lighter shade of blue, reaching just above my knees and my hair is styled in soft curls.

Just after grabbing my purse, I hear Stacy's voice, announcing Adrian's arrival and I walk into the living room.

"Wish me luck." I tell Stacy.

"I know that they think highly of themselves and it really doesn't matter whether they like you or not, what matters is that he loves you." She smiles and I shake my head in disbelief.

"That's not helping!" I whine.

"Do you want him to just walk in and carry you in his arms? Go!" She almost screams.

Opening the door, I give her a last glance and step outside where I find Adrian patiently waiting.

"Hi." I say to him with a smile.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to your beauty." He responds as he plants a warm kiss on my cheek.

"You smell so good.." He says as he buries his head in my neck, causing goosebumps to form all over my body.

His lips makes contact with my skin and I shiver.

"Someone might see us." I whisper in his ear as I remember that Stacy is still inside.

Oh no.

I hope she hasn't seen anything, otherwise she'll never stop teasing me.

"Adrian.. we're going to be late for lunch and I'm really hungry." I say and watch him as he chuckles then opens the door for me to sit in the his car.

I play with my fingers and bite my lower lip to control my own sudden anxiety.

I feel Adrian's gaze on me the entire time before he finally asks, "are you okay?"

"No, I mean yes.. I'm just nervous." I admit.

"Why?" He asks.

"I know that they don't like me that much and I'm nervous because I'm meeting them for the first time after what you did to your Dad." I state.

"You don't have to worry about them, and I don't care whether they like you or not." He remarks and I gulp.

"Your mother thinks that I'm a gold digger and I don't know why your father and Samantha hate me so much." I sigh.

"You're digging my gold and not theirs." He chuckles.

"Not funny." I pout my lips and look out through the window.

I feel his hand on my thigh and I don't want to look at his face. I'm not upset with him though, I'm just too nervous!

"It doesn't matter what they think of you. They're not important to me and you'll be okay, they wouldn't try to do anything stupid to you." He squeezes my thigh gently, his eyes on the road.

"Okay, but I still feel it's important that they like me." I say, leaning back in my seat as he pulls in front of a very beautiful mansion.

This is harder than I thought.

He opens the door for me and I step out. He takes my hand into his as we walk towards the door.

The door is opened by a familiar set of faces.

Adrian's Mom, his Dad and his sister Samantha.

"Welcome!" His Mom smiles.

I'm not sure if she's just faking her smile because her son is here, or if she's starting to like me?