1. gentle apologies

fluff<3

"Come back!" These words still echoed in my ears,
which have had to endure and absorb so much shouting and negative utterances in recent days. The harsh yet angelic voice remained in my mind, and I knew they would always haunt me...

It started when I was admitted to Alma Peregrine's children's home as I had passed through the time loop a long time ago, injured and completely exhausted, and passed out on Miss Peregrine's doorstep. Of course I wasn't expecting anything, I just felt the warm, familiar hands that treated me carefully and cleaned my wounds so softly that I actually thought I was at home, in heaven... When I opened my eyes in surprise and shock, curious children eyes looked at me, looking at me with fascination and welcoming me with their happy laughter. But these children whom I lived over time and made new acquaintances with, were not normal. Because they all were children with pecuilar abilities. These pecuilaritys were often stranger or different than the other and it would take too long to list them all in order. Their mistress, an attractive woman, physically aged 36, but mentally well into her 100s, named Alma Peregrine, cared for her charges throughout her life and, with the help of her time loop, protected them from the dangers outside the time loop that were just waiting for a child for being careless and fall straight into their trap. Their names were never dared to be spoken, but they were still the greatest enemies of these children: Hollows and Wights.

Alma Peregrine swore that if we just followed her rules correctly and never dared to venture too far from the house without an escort, we would be safe and nothing bad would happen to us. Of course everyone stuck to it, after all, the children had lived here from the beginning on and I was a just a newcomer who liked to ignore the rules and explore the area around this strange place in my own way. After all, I had been of age for a long time and thought that at least I, as an adult woman, should have permission to do a little further research in order to find my way around here. Of course it had to happen and as god would have it, my stubbornness brought me straight into danger. A Hollow attacked me while it was actually time for Miss Peregrine to kill the Hollow herself with her crossbow, down to the minute, like every day in this time loop. Nevertheless, I ran right into the field of vision. That was on the day I was finally allowed to go out of bed for the first time after I had recovered from my serious accident where I bloodied my legs and almost my head at the stone cliffs on my way to the time loop. The wounds were deep and I was almost facing dead itself. But thanks to my luck I was immediately found by my new mistress on her doorstep where I lay unconscious and with such a pain...god damn, very embarrassing I have to say...

Miss Peregrine had been furious when the invisible creature attacked me and all I could feel was disgusting slimy tentacles wrapping around my neck which were choking off my breath and liftet me off the ground. Panic broke out and in her fear and anger, Miss Peregrine almost hit me with the arrow, but luckily the crossbow arrow penetrated directly into the flesh of this disgusting creature and I fell to the ground, hearing the terrible screech of the Hollow behind me. The audible fall of the dead monster was muffled by the grass as it fell silent afterwards.

This whole situation was followed by recriminations and Miss Peregrine shouting almost angrily and completely upset as she went towards me with such a serious facial expression. Even the children told me after the incident, overwhelmed and shocked, that they had never seen their mistress so angry. I must say, I did praised myself afterwards because I was the first person who was able to get to know Alma's wrath in such a short time.

After this attack, I was watched by Alma all the time, all day every day in such an annoying way and was only allowed to go further away from the house if I was accompanied by one of the children. I didn't like it obviously, but Alma wouldn't let me talk to her and at first I didn't know why she was so strict with me and monitored me so obsessively. None of the kids ever wanted to give me the smallest bit of information, and when I asked Alma about it, she shushed me, looked away from me, and avoided the conversation as much as possible.