Chapter 1. This Is Just a Dream...Right?

It was currently raining in the city...pretty ironic for the current circumstances. We can see a boy around the age of seventeen. He had a bag slung on his back and sharp looking eyes, his hair was pitch black, and from the looks of it, he looked...sad. Depressed even. As if he had seen things that he'd rather not talk about.

 As if he had seen things that he'd rather not talk about

And he looked like he hasn't gotten any sleep either. Considering what had recently happened, no one could really blame him. He was currently waiting in line to pay for some snacks that he bought.

He bought a few drinks, some chips, and two cups of ramen. After all, he had the money thanks to the pay he got back when he worked as the hero known as "Unbreakable".

As the name suggest, his name was meant to reference his sheer invulnerability as to also spread hope to those he wanted to save. That no matter how bad things have gotten there was still hope.

Subaru chuckled bitterly to himself.

"How ironic...I don't deserve that hero name. I'm no damn hero."

Subaru whispered to himself as he was now outside the convenience store. He wasn't planning on going back home, after all he had a big argument with his parents or mainly, his father.

He figured he could crash at Eve's place for the time being, after all, he wanted to forget and leave his life as a superhero behind, and just live a quiet normal life. When he told Cecil about it, he wasn't really happy at first, but understood.

Subaru told him that when he was in a better place mentally then he would consider it. But for now...

"I...I just can't right now."

As Subaru was about to walk off and go somewhere discreet so he could fly to Eve's place, he stopped in place. A deep chill ran down his spine as he quickly looked around.

He felt as if something or someone was watching him or better yet...trying to get their grasp on him.

". . .I guess spending all night in my room playing video games would make anyone start seeing things."

Subaru stated as he began to rub his eyes.

He blinked.

And for a second he could've thought that he was in a completely different place. Only for a second though.

He blinked again.

His eyes began to adjust to the sudden light before he was revealed to be...

In a completely different place.

"...What the hell?"

Was all the Viltrumite could utter. He was in a medieval looking town of sorts. And animal people were walking around, there were also carriages being drawn by...giant lizards?!

Subaru was processing this while thoughts were running through his head.

'What the hell is this? Where am I? Did I just get summoned to another world or something? Is this a dream? This has got to be a dream!'