Chapter 16

Si Ying's limbs slowly twitched, followed by Jie Ming doing the same thing. Both groaned from the aches in their body as they started to move.

"Jing...Mie!"

Si Ying was the first to crawl to him before he regained control of his body.

"Si Ying. We're alive. How?"

"Jing Mie. MeiMei."

Both looked where a familiar voice was. Mo NV was barely breathing in Jiwu's arms. Despite her critical state, she smiled weakly seeing they've returned.

"J-JieJie!!" Si Ying walked quickly to her with her partner supporting her.

She recognized the tall handsome man holding her sister from the immortal sect. Seeing him holding her with such care, the scarlet demoness knew he wasn't a threat. Jing Mie checked Mo NV's pulses & shook his head after learning the cause.

"Hydra poison. It's already close to her essence. At this stage, not even me...can save her."

"No!!" Si Ying held her sister's hand in panic, "I'm so sorry JieJie! I-I didn't mean this to happen. I-I promise to good & listen to you. Please don't leave me!"

"Now you know how it feels be helpless."

All four looked at the black Devil God smirking at them. He stared at them with his cold mocking eyes.  His beloved had fallen into a deep sleep in his arms.

"Moshun? Wait, this is...Cang Jiuming?"

Si Ying was furious at his transition. "You...you force her to do this."

Tantai Jin scuffed her, "I have nothing to do with this. In fact, I rather kill you instead this."

"It's my choice, MeiMei. She accepted my request as soon as I told her only the phoenix bloodline can perform the Rebirth spell."

Both demons stared with awe at the half-goddess.

"Hump. Your all-powerful Moshun, was defeated twice because he was pathetic. "

"A mere fetus dare to-"

"Still defending him? Your loyalty means nothing to him. He planned to destroy everything, including demons, forcing you to fight your dear Jie who risked herself to bring you and Jing Mie back. Is all this worth it?"

Si Ying stuttered from the revelation. It's true, she did turn back on her sister, witnessed her lord killed them without hesitation despite serving him for thousands of years. She stared at her near-death kin, then the slumber maiden who saved them.

"When you wake up, I want you to see what you lost because of your obsession."

Si Ying screamed recalling the warnings before her partner caught her. She cried hard in his arms while everyone stood around them in silence.

****
Moments later, Tantai Jin & Gongye Jiwu summoned their forces to their location. Both leaders ordered their fractions to cooperate & hunt down all Di Mian's experiments in all realms. Tantai Jin forced his captive to watch his creations being wiped out. The fallen demon lord was enraged as the artifact poisoning his system.

"Throw him in the dungeon. The filthiest & dirtiest one yet."

Neither denied his command, overjoyed that the Lord of Evil finally got what's coming.

****

Susu woke in Tantai Jin chamber. She was still weak from the spell. Putting her hand to her forehead, she felt something on her wrist. A transparent rope tied her to the bed. 

"That's an enchanted weak water thread."

Susu saw Jing Mie stand with a tray of food.

"Mojun made it specifically for you. So don't bother."

"You're...here to look after me?"

"What? You'd rather have Si Ying instead? I doubt it's a good idea having someone whom you beat to the pulp next to you."

"That loudmouth bird..."

"Plus, I pleaded him for this."

Susu was confused, "Why?"

"I want to thank you personally, Chu Huang's daughter, for saving both of us."

He knew her parentage.

"I see the resemblance after seeing you up close. I'm also aware of your travel 500 years into the past."

She spited him with sarcasm." You must be proud I failed to stop the return of your lord. Or I deserved this because of my traitorous father."

She looked back at him. To her surprise, the proud Hydra's face suddenly softened.

"No, Xiao-Fenghuang." He patted her head. "You had nothing to do with Di Mian's actions. He's always a two-faced b*stard. That decision you made takes courage.  She too would have done the same."  

Susu was lost for words.  The one she knew was a vicious fiend who kidnapped women from mortal to immortal realms and sold them to his master.  The Devil God then slaughtered them all without mercy while he dumped their bodies like garbage.  Maybe JieJie said about him all along.

"How is she?"

"Not good. I tried my best, but it already spread too far.  Si Ying refused to leave her side, wrecked with guilt. They're currently in her workshop."  

Jing Mie put the tray beside her.  He lifted the lid, the aroma of the watered rice was warm and sweet, accompanied dried vegetables on a small plate.

"Tuan XiKan prepared them-"

A sudden blow to his guts sent him crashing into the door. 

"HEY!!  WHAT WAS THAT FOR??"

The Devil King appeared next to Susu.  His gloomy face looked as though he swapped a large pest.

"Sorry, I'll feed her instead." Tantai Jin scooped the porridge and held it to her lips. "Susu. This pervert taunted & harassed me during my captivity with his co-conspirator.  He'll likely do something even worse to you."

"PERVERT? I WAS ONLY SHOWING MY GRATITUDE, YOU PSYCHO!"

Susu ate the food, easing the tension.  She took some vegetables, mixed them with the porridge before eating them.

"It's delicious, tell XiKan I'll visit him later." Her smile displayed her radiance no one could resist.

"Mohan is so gracious.  Unlike this psycho here."

This earned him a lid on his forehead.  

"The execution is scheduled tomorrow."

The temperature just dropped cold as the emperor made the announcement.

"You're coming too.  Whether you want to or not."

Tantai Jin wanted her to witness DiMian's execution?  He rarely let Susu see the brutality he committed as Jing's emperor.  But the girl already made her decision.

"Sure."  

Tantai Jin didn't detect any hesitation in her reply.  Deep down, he wanted Susu to avoid the horror she would see.  DiMian was still her biological father.  The event would traumatize her forever.

"Get some rest after this; I'll be with you in a moment."

She pulled him back to the bed.  Her long leg pressured his chest, blocking his movements.

"As if I let a sinister man plot some diabolical plans."

She made an enchanted rope which she used to bind his wrists to the bedpost.

"Susu! You-?" Her talisman sealed his lips.

"Silence! Or else!" She pinched his waist hard.

He grunted while trying to free himself, but his restraints were too strong.  Satisfied with his state, Susu continued her meal. Jing Mie couldn't contain his amusement at the scene.

"This is why women needs space.  That idiot Moshun had to learn it the hard way."