Chapter 13

Di Mian was confused seeing his daughter standing unharmed. The veins on his forehead were visible and his eyes burned red.

"Your arrogance was always your downfall." Susu scoffed.

Just when he was about to strike, Mo NV blasted him with her powers, pushing him down to the other side of the pit. He spat more blood on the floor. The two sisters stood side by side looking down at him.

"The renowned Demon Lord, who led thousands of demons during the war, fell for such an obvious trick. Pathetic!" Mo NV mocked his current state.

Di Mian then questioned Susu's state, "How is this possible? I know your presence."

The injured Susu flew out of the pit, changed into Chongyu before returning to the real one.

"Chongyu, you betrayed me..." The Lord of Evil gritted his teeth, "I created you, gave you your existence & this is how you repay me?"

No wonder she couldn't attack him back then. The artifact refused to hurt its former master. But now, Chongyu no longer hesitated as it fully supported Susu as its master.

"No. It was you who betrayed us."

The flashback showed it contacted Susu in her dreams & demonstrated its hidden ability to make a spiritual copy of her in the arms of the slumber Tantai Jin.  It informed her the effect would last for couple of hours, so she hurried and informed her sister of the plan which she agreed to. The flashback ended with Chongyu taking Susu place again at the shrine.

"Thanks to my drought ability, I stored her safely into my core." Mo NV finished the explanation.

Di Mian felt his master taking over his will. The Ancient God let everyone know his presence. "Huh...hahahahah! Impressive! Now I understand why Tantai Jin said you're the only one worthy of being his empress.  Di Mian, you should be proud."

Susu's newfound powers allowed her to see the Devil God figure within Di Mian.

"The previous Moshun. I see why Tantai Jin was destined for such fate. Although they shared the same face, his Qi is...so twisted and evil that it's unbearable. It's even worse than...him. Being praised by you feels unpleasant."

"I apologized. Were you aware of this?" He asked the demon behind the women. The disappointment on his face confirmed it.

"Never thought you had fallen this far, Di Mian. We were Shodi for thousands of millennials, fought side by side for a better future for our people. Why?"

Susu sensed the anger and pain in Xi Kan's voice as Di Mian regained his body seconds later.  

"I will rule the three realms. No one would dare to humiliate me after I became Moshun. Is that so wrong?" 

"You're insane. Your daughter was right. Those legions will destroy everything, including us & our domain." He unsheathed his blade & pointed it at Di Mian. "I, Xi Kan of the Xi Kan mountains, pledge my loyalty to Mohan. Allow me to assist you against the threat of our realms."

Susu was surprised to hear this.  She tried to detect any hint of deception, but his eyes showed nothing but honesty.  "Alright."

Suddenly, a purple red cloud burst behind Di Mian, dispersing next to him, revealing his undead lieutenants.

The Ancient God assumed control again. "I'll give you all one final chance.  Mo NV, don't you want to serve me with your MeiMei like before?"

No longer pretending, Mo NV answered firmly without hesitation, "I'd rather die than be your puppet again. Nor..." She held Susu's wrist protectively, surprising the immortal. "I'll allow you to take my other MeiMei."

"Fine. Kill them but leave the girl alive." He vanished after giving orders.

  Dozens of foot soldiers surrounded the place. They charged in as soon as Si Ying waved the signal.  Susu quickly passed her father's sword to Mo NV as they were closing in. Xi Kan stepped in & unleashed strong forces from his saber, killing several enemies.  Susu wanted to join in, but someone stopped her.

"We'll deal with them." The drought demon demonstrated her swordswoman skills, slicing her opponents' throats.  They slowly died in agony as they chocked on their own blood.  She continued doing this to the rest.  After the drawn-out battle, both demons were covered in blood and their red eyes shined brightly as they stood on a mountain of corpses.  Susu noticed her father's sword burning her hand.   

"Figured this would happen when I began feeding." She then focused the two undead standing at the altar with their artifacts.  Suddenly, she began coughing heavily & blood spilled on her palm.

"Jie?! What's wrong?"

Xi Kan smelled her. "Jie Ming's miasma."

"Don't worry...I won't go down...till I get my revenge." Mo NV said this in her weak tone.  

The undead demons prepared to attack, but the demon eyes appeared on their chests. They recognized the signs and quickly moved out.  The God-Slaying Crossbow activated, destroyed everything including the devils in the pit.

"Susu!"  She heard her senior brother's voice as he phased.  "Are you alright?"

Before she could reply, the handsome devil god landed in her view. His expression was filled with contempt, & worriedness. Susu knew he was upset because of her & the demon king suddenly gripped Jie Ming's throat, surprising everyone. 

"Go." The two vanished after that.  

The sect leader rushed to Mo NV upon seeing her next to the grizzly demon with blood in her hand.

"Mo NV!! You're injured!"

"No time! Hurry!"

Si Ying interrupted the three as she launched her umbrella.  Luckily, Susu cast a barrier around them.

"Go. I'll handle her."  Susu snatched her father's sword back, ready to fight.

Mo NV reluctantly accepted her decision as they took off.