Chapter 9

"Humph! They fell for the same trick twice."

Despite of everything, both women explained Tantai Jin the situation in his room. He saw something troubling his lieutenant. "Talk."

"Gongye Jiwu...took me where the Taixu sect were massacred...and showed me images of...Si Ying and Jing Mie killing everyone. My servants informed me it happened when Fuyu came for Li Susu."

"I see..."

"I succeeded in clearing your name, thanks to this."

Mo NV took her small pouch out from her belt but handed it to Susu instead.

"Best you see it first."

Susu opened it & took the small item out. She froze at the sight of a metal shard in her palm emitting a familiar qi aura. Her mind flashed where she was brutally beaten by the man who took everything from her. Who ruined all her efforts to prevent the destruction of the cultivation world for his selfish greed.

"Di Mian...He's alive."

Neither of the 2 denied that possibility as the latest scheme did match his patterns.

"Leave." Tantai Jin coldly dismissed the drought demon while embracing his betroth from behind. Mo NV bowed to his command & left. Susu looked on as she left without looking back. Tantai Jin squeezed her possessively, brought his lips next to her left ear.

"What's that look just now? Worried about your JieJie? Or..." He curbed her chin between his fingers, forcing her to look at him. "Going after that traitorous father of yours?"

Susu was shaken seeing his red eyes shining with mockery & anger but maintained her composure so he wouldn't know. She pushed herself away from the Demon King' s grips before facing him.

" Does either matter? Hey!!"

Tantai Jin swept her up & carried her to his bed where she was thrown onto. He went on top of her, grabbed both her wrists above her head with his right hand. The moment froze as their eyes were locked on. Their hidden feelings resurfaced as they continued to gaze at each other. The chilling air surrounding Tantai Jin's presence began to disperse, leaving the lonely yet caring man she knew beneath it. He touched her soft cheek with the back of his left hand and cradled it into his palm. His face leaned towards her neck, featherily brushed it with his lips. Susu felt the sensations as she ached her body against her will.

"Do you want to go through that again?"

Susu returned to her senses after hearing this.

"I know he wants me alive. He won't kill me until then."

Her breath caught in her throat as Tantai Jin put his lips on her neck then pulled her collar clothes down to her shoulder, kissing on it.

"Wai-"

"Don't worry, I won't push it. For now, I just want to feel you by my side like we used to."

Just as he said, Tantai Jin didn't go any further as he lay beside her, slipped his arms around her lower back, and pulled her closer to him. He looked gently at her before closing his eyes. Susu was astounded by his gestures similar to his habits during his reign on the Jing kingdom. Qingyu told her how Tantai Jin went mad that he tried to kill himself after her "death". In the past, she would have been overjoyed hearing her accomplishment. Now, she wondered if she was destined for something more after everything she experienced.

"Tantai Jin, I promise to protect you, but my cultivation is still weak & time is running out. Resuming the heartless path is the only way. If I fail my tasks on our wedding day, I have no choice but kill you. Then..."

Susu placed her hands behind his back, rested her head on his lean muscled chest.

"Ironic isn't it, Li Susu. Being with him, your arch nemesis, is the only place you feel safe."

It was the last thing in the goddess' mind before dozing off.

~~~~

"The Devil Fetus was prepared this time."

"Without the Taixu sect, the rest of the immortal disciples are mere insects."

Si Ying & Jing Mie reported their accomplishments to their new lord who appeared at the hidden passage of the Barren Abyss. Although Di Mian's attires remained the same, his forehead now bored a new symbol between the white lines, the Ancient Devil God cinnabar burned brightly.

"My body is flowing with the Ancient God's power, but it's not enough to kill Cang Jiumin or retrieve the devil weapons from him."

"Once we acquired the girl, then you'll finally be able to achieve your dreams."

The Demon Lord looked at his undead servants bowed to him, smirked cruelly how karma fell upon them since they used to torture & humiliate him for his betrayal when they were alive.

"Susu. DieDie is still extremely disappointed with you. But don't worry, I'll forgive you once I bring you back to rebuild the legions of demon, whether you like it or not."

Di Mian laughed maniacally aloud saying this he plotted the ideal punishment for his rebellious daughter. He then looked behind him at the shadow figures tied up and their mouths covered in cloth.  Both looked at their captor with fear as his lips curved into a cruel smile.

"You two will the perfect baits to draw them here."