Chapter 14

Who would think it would result to this?

Aside from Tantai Jin, Susu wanted to kill Si Ying.

Hearing more about her from Mo NV, Susu understood why she was devoted to the Devil God. Despite everything, Susu vowed to bring Si Ying back to her sister.

Both women stood on the opposite side of the pit with their weapons.

At the drop of water, they clashed with fierce force, shaking the ground. Si Ying was repelled by Susu's sword pressure, crunched down on her knees. Her umbrella appeared in her hands & she threw it at the immortal. Susu deflected it with the hilt of her sword. Si Ying phased in to retrieve her weapon then launched it back at her opponent. Despite its heaviness, the umbrella was headed towards her at incredible speed. Susu deflected it again with her sword, but the undead demon took control of her umbrella, redirecting it to all sides. Somehow, the girl dodged all of them. Si Ying successfully snuck behind her & slashed the opponent's back. Susu managed to move quickly before it went any deeper, leaving a flesh wound on her back. The undead arm-wrestled the girl's neck, choking her.

"Enough. Surrender-" A kick from behind her head cut her speech, setting her captive free.

"As if." The young girl soothed her neck before punching her opponent, then again, & again, till her nose bled and her cheeks were purple. Susu chanted a spell, her cinnabar shined before hitting Si Ying's forehead with her own. The light burst from her cinnabar, causing the undead to collapse on the ground, groaning in pain.

"Pray this works. You know who I am. Before that, I was Ye Xiwu. Ye Bingchang's, your JieJie's human life, MeiMei." Si Ying didn't react to the info due to the pain, so the immortal walked toward her. " You must have heard her version how she died. Here's what happened. Jie...betrayed everyone. Her devoted husband, their kingdom, our clan & Tantai Jin...for her twisted selfishness. A coward who left me & everyone else to die to save herself. Then, ended her own life in prison with regrets."

Si Ying held her head tight. "N...n...n...o..."

Susu's taunt began to work. "You did the same, didn't you. The beloved MeiMei blindly followed her lord's wishes. Refusing to heed the warnings. In the end, she and her partner died for nothing. Leaving her JieJie suffered once more from her failures."

Si Ying struggled with herself. "S...sh...ut...up!!"

"Now, the favorable MeiMei has returned...as an undead servant to the lord who discarded her like garbage. She continues to do his bidding. Including...killing her only kin for rejecting him."

"SHU---T---U----P!!!"

Si Ying screamed as she swung her umbrella in brute force. Once she missed, the white-haired demon continued attacking her in blind rage. But the immortal avoided all her attacks.

"LIES!!! EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS A LIE!!! I WANTED...ALL I EVER WANTED-" she sobbed hysterically, knowing those words spoken the truth.

Susu retreated hastily seeing Si Ying regain her true self. "Prove yourself. Fight me with everything you have."

"Fine! I will by killing you!" She summoned her drought form. It was bigger than the one used in the demon palace.

Susu knew she finally faced the dreaded right-hand at full power. As karmic flame surrounded her, she recalled Sang Jiu's fight with Tian Huan.

Si Ying poured all her devilish Qi into her form.

Susu's sword flew out under her command before she clasped her fingers. "Spiritual Qi gathering & roaring flames..."

The water in the field had evaporated & the ground looked as though it had been dried up for months. Si Ying felt her devil form was complete. Without hesitation, she unleashed dozens of dark blades on her enemy.

Susu locked on her targets as they passed through her formation, "BREAK!!"

Karmic fire scattered its flaming daggers, torched the evil blades instantly. Si Ying protected herself with her umbrella. Susu wielded her sword & swung with all her strength a powerful fiery pressure. It blew Si Ying hard to the stairway, breaking her ribs. She spat blood from the heavy impact before looking at Susu.

"That's...Ming...Ye's...swordsmanship...Cang...Jiu...Ming...now you..." She fainted after her strenght gave out.  

The girl flew to the altar where the crow landed on Susu's shoulder. She understood its gesture.

"Alright." Susu kneeled beside Si Ying with mixed feelings in her eyes, "I wanted to kill you for so long.  I've lost many senior brothers and sisters because of you. Now...I can't save our JieJie. Even though I haven't forgiven her, I didn't want her to die." She quickly wiped her tears before standing up. "When you wake up, I want you to see what you've lost because of your obsession." Lady Yuling teleported to her destination.

***
Susu arrived where Tantai Jin awaited her. Seeing his tall back facing her, she knew he was still upset with her stunts. As the bird returned to its master, she noticed two familiar dolls held tightly in his hand. Susu felt he too had scores to settle with Jie Ming. Tantai Jin finally turned toward her, her protective robe was torn & bloody, then her red neck. He placed his forefingers under her chin, lifted her mouth onto his. She froze by the Devil god's unexpected kiss. His hand cuddled her neck up to her head.  The girl then gave in to the sensation as she placed her palms on his chest.  Moments passed as they stopped kissing before looking at each other.

"Susu...why must you make me mad?"