Chapter 8

Ye Qingyu tugged his sister behind him. "This is Jing's sacred area. Whatever it is you want with her, wait until we're done."

The new chief took out her red whip from her waist. "Do not speak to us in such manners."

Susu stopped him before talking to the Chixiao leader. "He's the emperor of Jing. We've known each other for 500 years and invited me to honor our fallen friends."

Cen Mixuan couldn't care less. "We're still taking you back." She tried to capture Susu with her whip, but Qingyu repelled it with his powers.

"Er-Jie. Go. I'll handle them."

A male Chixiao disciple held his leader back. "Shi-Mei! It's not the time to act on impulse!" But she brushed him off and attacked once more. This time, she broke through the barrier and dealt a heavy blow on Qingyu.

Susu rushed to his side after realizing the red whip was an ancient artifact from her sect. Angered at how the righteous immortals had fallen, she used herself to cover her brother. "Enough! Immortals are meant to protect the innocents and the three realms. Not harming them!"

"Er-Jie!!"

"Shut up!!! I'm tired of losing anymore family. For once, let me protect you."

Cen Mixuan felt disgusted. "Don't you feel ashamed protecting him? He's a f***ing demon's lover."

Suddenly, she sensed a strong presence as a hand grabbed her shoulder. Cen Mixuan turned and saw the handsome figure of the Hengyang sect's new leader. Instead of the proud face she expected, his eyes were filled with disappointment.

"Enough! You've just being nominated the Chixiao sect's chief, and this is how you behave. If anyone should be ashamed, it should be you."

JiWu coldly pushed her aside and turned towards Susu & Qingyu.

"Shixiong..."

"Susu, are you alright? Emperor of Jing, I apologized for the harm my subordinates had caused." He humbly greeted them.

Qingyu shook his head, accepting his apology.

He returned his attention to Cen Mixuan. "I saw everything. Not only did you violate the dead, but also attacked a King knowingly."

He summoned the Hengyang & Xiaoyao sects to the area. "Detain the Chixiao members until further orders. Make sure they don't leave the mountains."

Cen Mixuan furiously snapped, "This is your fault! The Devil God annihilated everyone in the Taixu sect two weeks ago. Once we have you back, we might stand a chance." She activated her artifact as her final attempt.

"No!"

JiWu was too late as the whip unleashed its red Qi strings in its trajectory.

A dark mist appeared and nullified its powers.

"I left you for one moment & you're already bringing in trouble."

Mo NV arrived elegantly to the scene in her white dress.

Qingyu was surprised to see who saved them. "Ta-Jie?"

She smiled while looking at him. "Qingye. Being an emperor suits you."

JiWu gazed at her. "Mo NV..."

She gently looked back at him. "Gongye JiWu...How you've been?"

"Why are you here?"

"I'm here for my two idiot siblings."

Cen Mixuan realized something. "You! You're the one who killed the chief & took the Crossbow."

Mo NV shut her up with her power. "MeiMei, take our Xiao-Di to my workshop. JieJie will handle this."

Susu was wary of the situation, but with Qingyu's condition, she had no choice but to leave.

"Why?" JiWu questioned her.

"I chose to serve Mojun willingly. I owe it to SiYing. And immortal Zhaoyou'."

JiWu snarled at her proclamation. "Why Zhaoyou have to do with this? Tantai Jin killed him."

Seeing him like this reminded her of herself. "If I told you I'm the reason he died, will you kill me too?"

~~~~

Mo NV returned to her place after her talk with JiWu. She headed to the room where her guests were and dismissed her servants, leaving the siblings alone at last.

"How long you've known?" Susu knew what he meant.

"I found out recently."

Qingyu then lashed out on Mo NV. "You dare to show yourself after what you did to Er-Jie, ZuMu and Xiao Lin."

"That's how you thanked your savior? How rude!"

"Why-Urrgh!?"

She pressured his injured body, "Your cowardly Ta-Jie is gone after regaining my drought spirit. Consider this as payback for letting me rot in that dungeon."

Susu couldn't take it anymore, "Stop it, both of you!"

They ceased.

"I know what she did, and I still haven't forgiven her. For once, let's not fight each other on our family Memorial Day."

The two looked at each other and agreed.

"You're right." She pushed him down. "MeiMei, Xiao-Di's always nervous about his body, even with me, hold him now".

Qingyu tried to retaliate, unfortunately both sisters outmatched him. Tantai Jin came in unannounced, witnessing him screaming in terror as Mo NV relocated his shoulder. The Demon King sat back and watched the scene quietly.

~~~~~

Qingyu came out of the workshop with his right arm castrated & saw them waiting for him.

"Take care of yourself!" Susu said this while hugging him.

He shifted his attention towards Tantai Jin walking towards him and holding his hand up, which he accepted.

Mo NV watched them in the distance. She touched her chest while recalling her private conversation.

"Does she know you're dying?"

"Always the smart one unlike our buttercup."

"Despite your attitude, you're less b*tchy than before."

He saw her finally dropping her act.

"...I need her to ascend to Godhood."

"Even at the cost of your life?"

"...Yes..."

She opened her eyes as they were already set to leave.

Qingyu bid them farewell as they teleported back to the demon realm.