Ella Reid was the only girl that could drive me insane. She was always in my head. It's as if she owned me, my mind, my soul.

"I wanted to see you." I shrug. I wanted to do a lot of things. But I know that she wasn't ready. I watch her freckled cheeks turn a soft rose color.

Her lips turn up slightly. She turns her head, blocking my view of her beautiful smile.

"Did I make you nervous Ella?" I tease. Her piercing gaze snaps to mine. There she was. The Ella I knew.

The Ella no one else ever got to see. "Nervous? No, I don't get nervous." She snapped. I knew she was lying.

Everytime she lies she does this thing with her eyes. You wouldn't pick it up if you weren't paying attention but me on the other hand.

I always look her in the eye. I can't help it. They were too beautiful not to.

"Stop looking at me like that." She tries everything not to look at me. "What do you mean?" I ask innocently.

She points a finger at me. "That. That thing you do with your face." Out of nowhere she shoves a book into my face causing me to laugh.

A laugh that had her pausing to stare. "What?" I ask, my brows drawing closer together. Ella shakes her head. "Nothing."

The way she looked at me made me want to kiss her. My eyes drop to her lips. Full and soft. "River–" My head snaps up.

Noah stood at the end of the bookshelf. Quickly pushing myself off of the floor. "What are you doing here?" Noah's eyes go between me and Ella.

"I hate the noise." I shrug. But god my heart was pounding.

I glanced back at Ella, her green eyes were slightly bigger. "Finally." She grumbled. "I thought I was going to die. Keep your dog with you." She motioned at me with her head.

I glared at her. This little– "Ah ha she called you a dog." Noah smacked my back as he laughed.

Before I knew it, It was after school hours and I was still in the art room with my pencil in hand as I continued to sketch.

Miss Zane gave me a key for whenever I want to come here and let out steam. Miss Zane was my mothers best friend.

After mom died she took me in. The best way she could.

Music blasts in my ears and I continue with my pencil strokes. Sextape by Deftones plays in my headphones.

Music was the best way for me to escape from the darkness in my own head. I lean back looking at what I drew.

Familiar eyes stare back at me. Her eyes. I groan. "I'm going insane." I breathe out. I can't stop thinking about her.

I stand up and grab my things from the table. I open the classroom door, peeking out.

When I don't see any security guards I quickly lock the door and quietly rush out of the school.

I walk down the street with my keys in my hand. I parked my truck down the street so no one thought that there is someone trying to vandalize the school.

Once I make it to my truck I quickly lock it, throwing my bag onto the passenger seat as I get in.

I make sure I take the long way home. The wind blows, hitting my skin making goosebumps appear on my skin due to the window being rolled down.

I turn the radio on before resting my arm on the car door.

Night drives are one of few things I love in this cruel world. I enjoy the peaceful night before I have to go home.

I shut off the light to the truck before I pull into the driveway. I leave my bag on the seat and get out of the truck making sure to be quiet as I do so.

My heart pounds in my chest as I unlock the front door. I was tempted to turn around and go to Noah's but I didn't want him to ask questions about earlier.

I slowly turn the doorknob and open the door. I let out a shaky breath when I don't see any light on. "Where the hell were you?" My father sneered. A light flicked on revealing his tall figure.

I'm going to try to be more active but I haven't been feeling motivated

sorry I kinda dropped off the face of the earth..