FIVE, the voice of an angel

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦

chapter five !

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Juniper Wildsong had never in million year imagined that she would have feelings towards someone, let alone a boy.

After yesterday's occurrence, she couldn't stop thinking about how she acted when Coriolanus was hurt.

If that was one of the boys from back home she would fend for herself and run away. But she didn't.

She stayed for a total stranger who she had only met less than 48 hours ago.

So, it was pretty hard for June to mentally handle why she had been so emotional about him.

June didn't bother to talk anyone else, she just laid in her make shift bed, staring at the faintly cream coloured ceiling.

A knock was heard from her closed door, June was startled by the sound of the noise.

"Miss Wildsong." A voice called. June was quick to stand up and open the door. But, it was only a peacekeeper.

Not the person she was hoping to see. It wasn't Coriolanus Snow.

"They are ready for you." The voice spoke again. He was referring to how June asked to go on live television to sing a song that she wrote.

"Thank you." June plastered a smile, she quickly changed into a yellow dress that wasn't to basic but wasn't to formal.

The dress has a beautiful ruffled design on the back that adds a touch of elegance. The color and length of the dress would make it stand out in a crowd.

Lucy had sewn it for her, if there was ever a special occasion. And at this point there wasn't going to be any special occasions anymore so she chose to wear it now.

𓆙

"Juniper Wildsong, everybody!" Lucky Flickerman announced to the camera. Juniper tried to control her breathing, slowing down her pace.

She held onto her guitar as she stepped forward, it was all going to be okay she kept reminding herself over and over again.

But the only thing that was on her mind was Coriolanus. She didn't know if he was alright or even alive.

"Let's hear that lovely voice, Songbird." Lucky smiled cheerfully, waving her over to him.

June walked over to him in-front of the camera, behind the stage was a whole entire audience so it was as real as it could get.

"Good evening, Capitol. District." She spoke softly. She hadn't thought of what to say before. "Uhm, i wrote this song about a boy back in District 12." She held on tightly to the microphone.

"And i hope he heard this." Her words echo in the silence, she gives a gentle nod to Lucky.

She took in a deep breath and began to play her guitar. Soon was followed by her enchanted singing.

"When I was a babe I fell down in the holler. When I was a girl I fell into your arms. We fell on hard times and we lost our bright color."

The audience was in awe of her performance. Juniper's voice was angelic and nothing could compare to how she sang.

"I danced for my dinner, spread kisses like honey. You stole and you gambled and I said you should. We sang for our suppers and we drank up our money. Then one day you left, saying I was no good."

June was already tired of playing the games, even though the games haven't even started. She just wanted to go home.

"I am the one who you let see you weeping. I know the soul that you struggle to save. Too bad I'm the bet that you lost in the reaping. Now what will you do when I go to my grave?" June finished singing and playing her guitar.

Lucky clapped slowly, "Absolutely beautiful." He walked over to her and in the frame of the recording. June gave a soft smile with a nod.

Juniper sighed with relief as she turned to face the camera and watched the audience cheer her on.

"And look at that!" Lucky cheers, slightly surprised by his voice. "A record for this evening. The capitol is definitely watching." He was warm and enthusiastic.

"You're the people's favourite! You are so loved by all, Miss Wildsong." He gave June a little shove. She rested her guitar next to her as she was stood there gracefully.

"Well now dear. Go home. Go to bed. Get some rest because tomorrow is big day for you."

— alisha has something to say !

everyone go stream cindy lou who by sabrina carpenter now or else !!