SEVEN, keep your head high princess

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦

chapter seven !

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

For the second time, Juniper entered the arena with her head lowered. She felt Wovey's hand as she walked beside her.

The smaller girl, Wovey, was hauled aside by a peacekeeper whilst June tenderly glanced down at her and let go of the hand she was holding.

The arena was ruined, the place was destroyed.

June walked until she found herself in the middle of a red dot, but the peacekeeper rammed his gun in her back.

"You will be shot if you do not stay on your mark." The peacekeeper made an order and Juniper listened to his demands.

June became even more anxious after hearing his words and turned to face him. She looked directly at a camera that she saw in a corner, aware that Coriolanus and everyone else was observing her every move.

Her eyes grew wider as she glanced around to face Marcus and saw the Sejanus tribute hanging from the beam. Juniper took in a deep breath before looking around at all the tributes.

"10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4."

Juniper knew what was about to happen, everyone would go towards the weapons. June she knew exactly where she had to go — she had to hide to survive.

But, there was something inside of her that told her she should take Jessup with her. And she always listened to her instincts, no matter what.

"3."

"2."

"1."

It echoed, June was now aware of her surroundings. Everyone was ready to run, it was now everyone fight for themselves.

"Jessup!" With a scream, she looked around for her friend. "Jessup!"

She was told by Coriolanus to flee and abandon Jessup behind her, but she was unable to do so.

Breathing heavily, she staggered backwards, watching as the other tributes murdered one another.

Then, with a weapon in hand, Coral threw it at her, missing her by a mere second before Juniper pulled her over her shoulder out of reach.

With a deadly instrument drawn, Reaper lunged towards her and swung to strike her. Fortunately, she dodged the attacker with speed.

"Jessup!" She cried out once more, her tone full of nervous anticipation.

June freed herself from the violence as she ran away but stumbled over a body that was stabbed with a trident.

"Fuck.." She whimpered while holding her hand over her mouth. This was insanity and she could not live through this. Juniper quickly got up onto her feet again.

"Jessup!" When she noticed him slumping on the ground, she let out a rasping sound. She ran over to him, took his arm, and pulled him back up.

"Come on! We must now go!" Pulling the two to a small open exit in the ground, Juniper demanded.

The two dove into the opening and dashed through the dimly lit tunnel. June approached the door and attempted to open it, but it was unresponsive.

She kicked multiple times but it would budge. "Shit!" She cursed as she pressed her whole entire body against it yet it didn't open.

"This way! I saw them go this way!" Juniper heard someone coming down the corridor. "I call dibs on the songbird!"

June didn't know what to do, she was at a pause. She was stuck.

June turned to face Jessup as she noticed an exit at the bottom. "Go." He appeared to be dead and spoke out of breath.

With a nod, Juniper dropped to her knees and made her way through the narrow opening. Then it was Jessup's turn. June made every effort to get him inside the cramped space.

A girl attempted to slide in shortly after he did, but she was dragged away . A scream of horror was heard a moments later.

The tributes said things but Juniper was quick to block it out. Her main focus was Jessup, he looked awfully sick and she just wanted to help him. "Jessup."

"What's wrong?" While crouching across from of him, she muttered to him. "I just want to sleep." With his eyes shut he only slightly spoke.

"Get some rest." She told him, sitting right beside him. He carefully laid his head on her shoulder before falling asleep.

Juniper just wanted this be over already. Who on earth would want to do this to innocent people. What kind of monster enjoys torturing people?

— alisha has something to say !

the site where i watch tbosbas was down today so i wasn't able to write during the day but at night i was able to get something done.

also why is this movie so sad ??