Chapter 14: Artemis Tells Us About The Fanfiction Paradise

ANNABETH: Lady Artemis?

PERCY: Woah. What the...

EMMA: My lady! Are you all right?

ANNA: I am fine, my brave young warrior.

APOLLO: That old goat has done it again, hasn't he?

ANNA: Unfortunately so. However, I retain valuable insight on your current situation.

CHIRON: Please, share it with us, Anna.

And then Artemis blew our minds.

ANNA: I have discovered an infinitely expanding multiverse is no longer a theory, but instead a reality that is slowly growing more dangerous by the second. Styx is aware of this, as a Primordial goddess, and I'm sure that most Primordials would know this as well. Unfortunately, since Nico and Will went to save Iapetus from Tartarus, none of us could contact Nyx, and none of us dare to visit the realm of Chaos. 

ANNABETH: So, what's the cause?

ANNA: Chaos energy. A potent force that is the driving force in most of the multiverse. The niche between these places is the Center, where a multiversal community has built itself. Chaos energy surrounds that plane of existence, simultaneously allowing all to exist while always generating more. 

APOLLO: You mortals have some science thing... something like energy cannot be created? Well, Chaos energy does not follow that rule. It creates all other forms of energy and even creates more of itself. It's basically infinite potential.

EDDY: But where does Regis fit into all this?

ANNA: Your enemy is somewhat able to harness some of that energy. Confusing as it may be, he's gained a certain level of control over Chaos energy, allowing him to create some things at will.

EMMA: So, to defeat him, Eddy must gain more knowledge on harnessing Chaos energy.

EDDY: Hold up, what? Why me?

EMMA: Well, you somewhat controlled the portals, didn't you? That alone shows great receptiveness to Chaos energy. 

PERCY: Also, that.

A large, swirling, shapeless black aura was coiling around Eddy. Chiron went pale as Apollo began to shudder with fear.

APOLLO: I have felt this energy... near the Sea of Chaos...

CHIRON: It seems in the first time in demigod history...we have a child of Chaos itself.

Silence.

EDDY: What the fu-