5. My Rival Sets My Apartment Block On Fire

We rush downstairs. It's like a riot, except with less people and more fire. Yes, you heard me right, fire. If you heard something else, Wei Kang and Natalie were having a *dirty* party upstairs, so maybe it was them moaning or screaming **** or **** ** ****** or **** ** *** *****.

Don't ask. They've been at it for weeks now, trying to ******** **** *****. 

You may have noticed the increasing number of swear words. Alex just severed the connection with his nifty fingers, Kaomi tripped over the wire box and nearly crushed the microphone, and Bolin just broke a couple of things downstairs. I'm in a bad mood and feel like being brutally honest.

I digress.

Back to the story.

As I was saying, fire. Fire engulfed the pavements, the driveway, the little playground at the back of the block, and pretty much the entire ground level. I knew Regis was behind it. But I could only think of one similar encounter - involving Percy Jackson and Rachel Elizabeth Dare.

ME: Empousai.

ALEX: What?

ME: Battle Of The Labyrinth, Book 4 of PJO series. Rachel and Percy faced Kelli and Tammi the empousai. Tammi was killed but Kelli... Kelli turned into fire.

NATALIE: You're saying Regis may be an empousai.

KAOMI: But aren't all empousai females? And Regis' charmspeak affects everyone but you. Usually, the empousai's charmspeak only work on boys.

Kaomi glares at Wei Kang and Alex.

WEI KANG: Hey, what did we do? 

ALEX: Nothing.

WEI KANG: Zero.

ALEX: Zilch.

ME: Whatever he is, whether it's a demigod or an empousai or a unicorn, we've got to stop this fire and find him.

WEI KANG: Unicorn?

ME: Whatever. Let's go!

This part of the recording is shorter than most, because I've got to go stop Wei Kang and Natalie's little session before they bring the whole house down.