3. Fireballs And Sweet Talk For Lunch, Please

ME: So, it's Mr Charmspeaker. What heist are you planning now?

REGIS: I said, I'm innocent! I'm not doing anything.

Natalie and Wei Kang twitched. I knew it was charmspeak.

ME: Cut the crap and tell me the truth.

NATALIE: He is telling the truth. Regis is morally upright.

Wei Kang stared at Natalie oddly, but didn't say anything. A few more seconds and he would succumb too. For some reason, I wasn't affected.

ME: I said, tell me the truth.

REGIS: I just did! Do you have enough brain cells to comprehend that? Natalie, Wei Kang, I think you should restrain him.

Natalie grabbed me and put her hand over my mouth. Wei Kang grabbed my arms. By now, I was completely convinced that Regis was charmspeaking my friends. With that realization, I became angry.

Somehow, one of my arms escaped Wei Kang's grip. I turned to Regis and before anyone else could react, I threw my food at him.

Then the impossible happened.

The food began to melt into water. Pretty soon, it wasn't food anymore. But it wasn't water either. Water was not usually churning furiously and black. The liquid launched itself towards Regis. He dodged, but he was not known for his physical prowess. A few drops landed on my skin. Then everything went black.

No, I didn't faint. I meant literally everything became black. I could still see the object's outline, but they seemed to be fading. The floor disappeared completely, and changed into a dark liquid.

The Styx. At least, that was my guess, from the way Black Regis was screaming as his skin burned a little. Then the water spilled on him disappeared.

REGIS: Stop.

His charmspeak took hold, and I froze. Then, I saw my friends behind me, standing obediently. 

I didn't think. I just acted.

A black fire appeared in my right palm. Slowly, it became bigger. It took the shape of a sphere. I lobbed it at Regis.

ME: Just like dodgeball.

The ball flew through the air, and as it hit Regis, everything faded back into color. The fireball singed Regis eyebrows, then disintegrated.

This shook Wei Kang and Natalie out of their stupor. 

WEI KANG: What the... OH MY GOD REGIS' EYEBROWS ARE NO MORE!!!

NATALIE: Oh gods. Charmspeak?

Regis turned and fled. I turned to face Wei Kang and Natalie.

ME: I think Regis is definitely planning something. And he's probably a son of Aphrodite.