Chapter 2 - Ghost Call

2

Dark clouds were starting to roll in over the horizon, with the sun still peeking out and setting the landscape of Bobby's mansion up to look like something out of a dark fairytale, with rays of light reflecting off of some of the windows or being blocked out completely by the massive house and even taller brown brick towers.

I picked myself up off the gravel driveway with a grimace, looking down and seeing a large bloody gash and scratches running up my arm and making a face before closing my eyes and allowing the icy cool feeling of restoration run through my body. I opened my eyes again, straightening up and stretching out my neck before I walked over and surveyed any damages done to my old beat up motorcycle, which now had even more significant scratches along the faded dark green paint.

I kicked my boot against the back tire, testing the rubber's reflex and shrugging to myself as I raised my eyebrows, "Huh, those are good tires. Maybe you're not such a piece of shit, Vincent."

I smirked to myself, remembering that I had decided to name my bike after my piece of shit ex-boyfriend who was still probably serving time for my attempted murder, and suddenly being reminded of the same feeling of a loss of a child settling deep into my chest, instinctually grabbing for my locket and closing my eyes as I held onto the piece of me that knew that Gabriel was still alive.

I took in a deep breath, opening my eyes and looking down at the bike, furrowing my brows and shaking my head as I reached down and started to pick it up from the ground, "I guess naming you after my ex wasn't such a bang-up idea after all? We're gonna have to workshop another name for you if you're actually going to start being useful now?"

I suddenly sensed someone standing behind me and turned back, looking over my shoulder and seeing Griffin standing at the end of the driveway by the garage with his arms folded and a shit-eating grin on his face.

I froze up, my expression tensing up into a slight grimace, "How much of that did you hear?"

Griffin unfolded his arms, walking down the driveway and shrugging with a smirk, "Which part? The part where you wiped out? Or the part where you were talking to your bike like it's a Transformer?"

I stopped, looking down at my motorcycle and shrugging, "That'd be pretty frickin' awesome if it was?"

I looked back up at Griffin as he came closer and stopped at the end of my bike, pushing down the kickstand and turning back with raised eyebrows, "I'm just trying to teach him how to fly?"

Griffin shrugged with a smirk, kicking the tire with his sneaker with a laugh, "Then why don't you name it Angel? You like Buffy, right?"

I stopped, my face lighting up as I raised my eyebrows and looked at him, "Holy crap. You're right, why didn't I think of that?"

Griffin hesitated, furrowing his brows and shaking his head, "I was saying that as a joke, but okay? You're welcome, I guess."

I looked back down at the bike with a slight smile, shrugging and raising my eyebrows, "I think it's kinda perfect, honestly? Angel... That's a sick name for a motorcycle that can fly?"

Griffin let out a laugh, giving me a look as he shook his head, "Not yet, apparently? What are you doing out here by yourself like this? Even if you try to heal a broken arm, you still have to reset it yourself? It won't heal right?"

The Master's Tale - When A Stranger Calls, Book 1, Part 8On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara