Chapter 6 - Dick Move

6

I appeared suddenly in the middle of the darkened motel room with the shades drawn and immediately felt a sense of dread fill my chest as I looked around the shabby room, now noticing the untouched queen-sized bed and remarkably tidy room.

I furrowed my brows, calling out softly, "Mandy?"

I looked past the bed and into the small kitchenette area just past the wooden partition when I noticed red streaks stretching along the linoleum floor and leading out of sight. I rushed around the partition, my eyes now falling on Mandy's slouched over body in a pool of blood as she sat up against the wall with her head hanging forward, and her blonde and black hair streaked with red.

I reacted quickly, falling on my knees to her side and lifting her head up, patting her bruised face gently as tears stung my eyes, "Mandy?"

Her head hung loosely in my hands with her eyes closed, fearing the worst as I shut my eyes and concentrated on putting her back together, my hands glowing faintly and casting her bloodied face in a dim glow.

Mandy then opened her eyes, quickly reaching behind her back and pulling out a long silver angel blade when my eyes shot open, pushing myself away too late just as the end of the blade pierced my side.

I let out a pained grunt, grabbing onto the blade to stop her from pushing it any further as she glared at me with dark eyes, quickly pulling the blade out and lunging at me when I stumbled back, kicking my legs against the slick floor before she caught up with me and grabbed onto my legs.

"It's nothin' personal, kitty-girl. I'm just the lap dog."

I lifted my boot and kicked her off with a pained grunt, turning on my stomach and clawing at the floor as I tried to pick myself up to my feet when Mandy tackled me from behind with impressive strength. I wrestled and fought against her on the stained carpet at the foot of the bed, desperately trying to pull away from her vice grip when she roughly turned me over and wrapped her hands around my throat while pinning me to the ground.

Mandy let out a deep laugh, grinning down at me with wide eyes, "You are a lot stronger than you look? But so am I?"

I instinctively went for her eyes, ramming my thumbs into the sockets and causing her to cry out and pull away, using the small window of opportunity to grab her by the shoulders and toss her across the room.

I laid on my side with heaving breaths, looking back down at the wound in my side and attempting to heal it when I sensed another person in the room, darting my eyes back when my body took over for me and froze in place.

The man stood tall in all black clothing, his long black coat hanging open loosely with the collar lifted, hearing his heavy boots thump against the cold floor with each step and his dark eyes fixed on me, his face now much older with stubble and the same short spiky dark brown hair.

Before I could snap out of it, I felt a cold metal chain wrap around my neck as Mandy came up behind me and dragged me across the floor, the sound of the chains dragging against the carpet, my struggling breaths and Mandy's grunts filling the stale air as she forcibly wrapped the chain around my neck once more.

I choked and desperately grabbed at her arms and hair, attempting to flee when I felt a sharp pain in my head, shutting my eyes and grimacing in pain as a deep pit of fear sank in my chest. Mandy stood to her feet and tightened the grip of the chain around my neck, yanking me upright against her knees and forcing me to watch Vince step closer as he pulled out a small silver flip-phone.

The Master's Tale - When A Stranger Calls, Book 1, Part 8जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें