"Damn where mine at?" Dimitri asked, mugging me "I thought we was better than that, you steal the food for us, and I partake in eating it."

"You grown, steal your own biscuit" I said, taking a seat next to him. He reached over and grabbed the other end of my biscuit making it crumble out of my hand.

"Nigga you so childish dawg" I complained as he let out a laugh eating the biscuit I stole. "I remember why I don't like you"

"So you don't love me no more" he poked my cheek resulting in me swatting his hand away. "Don't be acting brand new"

"Man get yall brother" I joked looking at my twin cousins, Dayna and Nora. They shared a look before getting up and walking out of the room.

"Wow y'all fake, keep that same energy"

"Mmcht, they too grown for us now apparently." Dimitri shook his head at the twins leaving out. "What you been on cousin, how's life?"

"Its been gucci, honestly ready for the semester to be over" I picked up the few crumbs on my shirt as he held back his laugh.

"Here, you can have my crumbs too hungry ass" Dimitri scraped a crumb up, giving it to me, I flicked a crumb his way. "You not gon' ask how I'm doing back like normal people do? That's crazy."

"That's if they care" I muttered jokingly as he threw another crumb at me. "Weak ass toss"

"I don't pass balls, I catch them" I gave him a look. "No homo"

"Is there something you need to tell me?" He smacked his lips. "Makes sense why they call you lil meech"

He stuck up his middle finger. "I'm hungry as hell, ain't no way they ain't done cooking yet"

"They busy chit chatting and not clanking them pots together, stomach touching my back for real"

"Y'all busy running yall mouths when you could be skinning these damn potatoes" Our grandmother yelled out causing us to start laughing.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Father God, we thank you once again for bringing the family together safely, blessing us with a beautiful feast and giving me the ability to be able to cook delicious food and I also want—" I held in my sigh as grandma continued adding to the prayer.

"I want to thank— Ahem amen" My aunt kee coughed as I glared at Dimitri who held a smirk. I bit my lip to keep in my laugh as grandma continued to say her prayer. I looked over to see one of my cousins mocking her. At this point I couldn't keep it in as the laugh slipped out. Meech started laughing with me as my grandma opened one of her eyes, scolding us.

"Alright now Joanna.." Grandpa said, causing everybody else to burst out laughing.

"I'm not done yet, stop that laughing" She continued on, any longer the food will be cold and my stomach would be disappointed. "Like I was saying..."

"Let everybody say— AMEN" We all dropped our hands and started digging in. Usually my cousin says grace for this exact reason. She would go on for hours if she could. It was silent as the only thing heard was the silverware hitting the plates and people smacking their lips.