Chapter 14

Peter was waiting for his siblings at the train station. He was getting impatient. He was thinking about Laura again. He missed her so bad. Even when they were in Narnia, he hadn't seen her in ages. Peter knew it probably wasn't her choice. Still, he knew the chance of seeing her would be very small if he would stay in this world.

So he kept hoping, hoping to return to Narnia, to the girl he loved with his life.

He had sunken so deep in thought, he didn't notice a few boys coming directly at him. He walked a bit more to the side, so they could pass. Yet one of the boys bumped into him. Peter knew it was on purpose, but he kept walking. Suddenly he was grabbed by the arm.

"Oi! Watch where you're going, mate!" The boy said. He was obviously the leader of the group.

"Yeah, apologize to him!" One of his mates said.

Peter scoffed. "In your dreams."

"Oh, come on, now. Be a good boy and tell me you're sorry." The boy taunted Peter.

Peter lost it. How dared the boy speak of him like that. Did he realize he was the High King of Narnia?

He lunged toward the guy, and punched him in the nose. The boy staggered back, blood pouring from his nose.

"How dare you?! Get him!" He yelled.

Peter wasn't afraid. Laura had also trained him in hand combat, and no one was better than Laura at fighting.

Two of the boys came at him. One of the boys tried to punch him. Peter sidestepped, blocking his punch. He punched the boy in the gut.

A crowd started to gather.

He swept the second boy off his feet, kicking him in his side.

He didn't expect someone to grab him from behind.

Right... He hadn't realized that while Laura may be the best fighter, those boys were with more. Way more.

The third boy pushed him against the wall. The boy was about to punch Peter in the face, when a force slammed into him.

It was his little brother Edmund. Even though Edmund had just saved him from a black eye, Peter couldn't help but to feel annoyed. Did his brother really think he needed help?

He tackled one of the boys to the ground, a strategy that had also worked on Laura. He quickly got up. But before he could punch the boy in the face again, two strong arms hauled him up.

Soldiers were standing over them now, looking very angry.

"Break it up" One said

"Come on, that's enough" The officer who was holding Peter said.

"Act your age!" The third shouted, before signaling the other two to move on.

Peter shot daggers at the boys, attempting to look as scary as Laura. Suddenly a memory with Laura hit him.

It was night, and they were training under the moonlight. It was the second night they were training. Laura had disarmed him for the millionth time, and Peter was already out of breath.

Laura stepped back, a serious expression on her face. "How many times do I have to say it? Always hold your sword in the middle. That way you can quickly block every strike, no matter which place of your body it's directed at."

Peter sighed. He knew it was for his own good, but Laura was really merciless. "Yes ma'am" He said. Even though it was dark, he could see Laura scowling in the moonlight. That made him feel a little bit better.