Chapter 7

The next few days the siblings trained hard. During the day, Laura trained the all of siblings, also learning them to ride a horse. Laura and Edmund started to grow close. Laura also had a soft spot for the youngest Pevensie girl.

Even though Peter didn't want to admit it, he was jealous of his younger brother. Every time Peter was with her and Laura dropped her guard, she instantly put it up again. And even though it seemed Laura hated him, Peter had developed a crush on her.

Peter was a natural in both sword fighting and horse riding, and Laura and him often would race against each on horseback for the past few days. Laura would ride her black horse Nightshade and Peter a gorgeous unicorn named Nibbles.

They were racing in the flower fields, Laura obviously in front of Peter. Suddenly Nibbles, who had spotted a tasty green patch of grass near the creek, came to a full stop. Peter, not expecting it, flew head first into the creek, making Laura uncontrollably burst out in laughter.

She gracefully hopped off Nightshade into the creek, now holding her stomach from the laughing. Peter got up, grunting, but he couldn't help but stare at the laughing girl. He had never seen her laughing like this before, and without the serious face and worries, she looked like the most care free and beautiful girl in the world. Her laugh was like music in his ears. He snapped out of his trance when she started talking, having finally calmed down a bit.

"You could've seen that coming" She said, smirking. Nightshade neighed.

"She agrees with me and thinks it's funny too." Laura translated, her smirk becoming even wider. Peter sighed. Even the horse was laughing at him. He wasn't bothered by the fact only Laura could understood the horse. Laura had explained Nightshade and she had a bond like that.

Peter fake rolled his eyes at her "So I suppose that's why he's called Nibbles?"

"Yep" Laura replied, still laughing a bit.

"Well, you won't be laughing anymore when I do THIS!" He shouted, while splashing her with water.

Laura let out a little scream, surprised. Instantly the whole river erupted, straight towards Peter. Peter flew a few meters back when the water hit him, landing in the creek. He got up, groaning because of the hard fall.

Lauras eyes were wide. "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to do that."

Peter tried to reassure her. "It's fine-"

Laura interrupted, shaking her head. "No, no, no. You don't know how bad this is. I did it again!"

She turned around, wanting to walk away. But Peter was done with her closing up all the time. He ran forward, and grabbed her elbow. Laura spun around. She had tears in her eyes.

"Laura-" Peter began, but Laura cut him off again.

"Just leave me alone, Peter!" She yelled, before freeing her wrist from his grip and running away.

Peter stood in the creek, as if struck by lightning.

Every time he thought they were having a moment, Laura always pushed him away, as if she was afraid of something. But it had never been as bad as this time.

—————————————

That night Peter walked to towards their training spot, as he had done for the past six nights as well. He hoped Laura still would come after what had happened this afternoon.

He was relieved when he saw a figure standing at the edge of the camp. She was wearing her black cloak as usual, with black cargo pants and a black long sleeved shirt underneath.