Chapter 5

Edmund was scared. He was tied to a tree, with the dwarf guarding him. He didn't know for how long he had sat like that. He only knew he was miserable. It was dark, and incredibly cold. 

He thought about his siblings. He saw it now, how stupid he had been. He shouldn't have left them. Now, he might never see them again. He wanted to cry, but he knew he couldn't. Not in front of them. 

Suddenly there was a dark flash, and the dwarf lay at his feet. Edmund didn't know whether he was dead or not. He looked up, as someone was looming over him. The person, if it was a person, was wearing a cloak. They removed the cloak, and revealed a girl underneath. He couldn't make out all of her features, but she looked about Peters age. 

The girl put a finger to her lips. She knelt down, a knife in her hand. For one moment Edmund thought she was going to kill him, but instead she cut his ropes. 

She hold out a hand, motioning for Edmund to get up. As soon as Edmund stood, she grabbed the dwarf, positioning him against the tree and binding him. 

She turned around, motioning for him to follow her, and sneaked away. Edmund tried his best to follow her as quiet as he could, but it wasn't easy. 

The girl moved quickly, not making any sound at all. It almost looked like she was floating, and at one point Edmund almost lost her. 

Edmund didn't know where they were going. He didn't even know who she was. She could be planning to kill him for all he knew. He was cold, and started to get annoyed. 

"Excuse me" He spoke up. Instantly the girl turned around. In the moonlight he could just see her eyes, a cold look in them. 

"Shh, they might hear you" She snapped. 

"How do I know you're not going to kill me?" 

The girl rolled her eyes. "You might think you would trust the Guardian of Narnia" 

Edmund frowned. "Wait, you're the Guardian?" 

The girl rolled her eyes again. "You sound exactly like you're brother. What is the big deal about a girl being the Guardian?" She whispered, frustrated. 

"You've seen my brother?" Edmund asked, barely containing his excitement. 

"Yeah, they arrived at camp today. Now are you done being annoying so we can actually get out of here" 

Edmund nodded. 

She turned around again. They walked a little bit further, until the Guardian stopped. 

A black horse emerged from the forest. 

"Have you ever ridden a horse before?" She asked. 

Edmund shook his head. 

The girl sighed. "Alright then, just hold on tight, I suppose" 

She mounted the horse in one swift motion, holding her hand out to Edmund. 

Edmund took her hand, bracing himself to pull himself up. It wasn't necessary, as the girl pulled him on the horse with surprising strength. 

"Hold on tight" She said. 

Edmund had didn't have time to ask where he had to hold on, as the horse took off in full canter, running off into the night. 

——————————————————-

They had been riding for quite some time now. It was already getting light. 

Edmund had his arms around the girl. At first he was reluctant with this, as the girl looked like she could kill him before he had blinked. But as he had almost fell off when they first took off, he had decided he liked his life too much to die. 

Finally a camp came into view. It was a impressive sight. 

They stopped at the edge of the camp, where a lion was waiting for them. 

Edmund got off the horse, the Guardian following suit. 

The Guardian smiled to the Great Lion. "Aslan" 

Aslan smiled back. "Laura, well done" 

Laura nodded. "Can I bring him to his siblings?" 

Aslan shook his head "No, first I must talk to him alone." 

"Alright, I'll go tell his siblings their brother is back." She said before walking off. 

Edmund didn't want Laura to go. Even though the girl was scary as hell, he had been comforted by her presence. He didn't know what to think off the Great Lion, and he was afraid of what would happen. 

Aslan turned towards Edmund. "Edmund, son of Adam, walk with me."