Chapter 8

Peter was fighting with Edmund while riding their horses. He tried not to think about her, but he just couldn't help it. He hadn't seen her all day.

"Oi, you've got your heads in the clouds!" Edmund laughed. "You're thinking about Laura again, aren't you?"

"What, no" Peter denied.

"Oh, come one, everyone sees the way you two look at each other. I might as well start calling her my sister already" Edmund teased.

"Just drop it, okay?" Peter snapped.

Just then, Mr Beaver came running towards the boys.

"Peter! Edmund! Come quick! The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan!"

——————————————————-

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!" Ginarrbrik announced.

A crowd had gathered, booing and yelling insults towards the Witch. The siblings stood at the side near the plateau.

The Witch stepped off her throne, and walked towards the plateau. Aslan and Laura exited the tent. Laura was wearing her black armor, a cold look resting on the Witch. Peter shivered, she was way scarier than the Witch when she wanted to be.

The Witch stood still in front of them, looking at Edmund.

"You have a traitor in your midst." She spoke.

"His offense was not against you" Aslan spoke.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built"

Aslan roared. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written."

"Then you'll know that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property. The boy will die, on the stone table, as is tradition."

Laura stepped forward again, looking scary as hell. She had little balls of blue energy in her hands, which she held at her side. Dark clouds started to gather overhead. Apparently she could also change the weather. This girl never stopped to surprise him.

"Try me" She growled.

Even though Jadis got a little paler, she raised a eyebrow. "You dare talk like this to me, daughter?"

Instantly, Laura crumpled to the ground. She screamed, holding her head. Peter wanted to run to her, but Susan stopped him.

"ENOUGH" Aslan roared. Laura stopped screaming. She panted heavily, as she got up again.

She quickly regained her posture, but Peter could see that whatever had happened, it had clearly shaken her up. She glanced at Aslan, before turning around and briskly walking away, probably towards the cliff. 

Peter wanted to follow her, but the look Aslan gave him stopped him. 

The crowd started murmuring. "Traitor!" One shouted.

"Enough" Aslan spoke sternly  "It is true, the Guardian is the daughter of the White Witch. But she has always been on our side, and she always will be." 

He looked at the Witch again. "I will speak to you alone." 

They walked towards the tent, disappearing.

Edmund whistled. "Damn, that girlfriend of your is scary"

"How many times do I have to say it?! She's. Not. My. Girlfriend!" Peter said, frustrated.

"Right, keep telling yourself that" Edmund snickered, making the girls laugh.

Peter sighed. If they only knew the truth.

————————————————————————————————————-

After a while they exited the tent again.

"The White Witch has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood"

Everyone cheered, and Peter couldn't help but smile.

The Witch sat on her throne again. "How do I know you will keep you promise?" She asked.

Aslan roared.

The crowd cheered, and people started to celebrate.

Aslan walked away, probably towards Laura. 

And as everyone was laughing, Peter couldn't shake the feeling something was horribly wrong.

PLOTTWIST!!! Did you see it coming? Even though I've probably not written it fantastic, I still hope you were surprised by it :D

-xxx- 

Dirt_Face