Chapter 172 - Rescue

Start from the beginning

Anyways, still whispering to Petra while the rest of our party go over to the others not realizing who currently faces them, we definitely need to decide how we're going to do this if we're about to fight a demon lord. Petra thankfully can still use aspect if needed, I cannot as the cooldown timers are still flawed inside this dungeon.

"How do you want to handle this then Petra?"

"Straight for his neck, that's how I want to do this. You with me Ikarus, or should I try to calm down?"

Her eyes are slowly fading to the darkest of blacks and she clearly is trying her hardest to contain herself. As if I'm going to stop her in this situation, this fucker was the cause of Ariza dying!

"I'm with you always Petra, we can always ask for more details from Dionysus later"

Now both aimed with a goal in mind, we both slowly make our ways over to the group conversing trying to keep our auras under wraps. It's a little hard considering this guy is literally the source of all of Petra's pain.

"It's about time you birds arrived, I've been keeping our godly friend company for quite a while... oh, you really don't seem happy to see me"

Me and Petra charge together weapons ready to send this demon into a world of pain, only pure bloodlust clouds our minds right now.

Just before both our blades are about to make contact with the demon lord's neck, he pulls out his arm armed with nothing but his fist and a smirk forcing a strong gust of wind pushing us both back. Of course, this fucking demon lord knows magic, things are never that easy.

"Why are you attacking my master!?"

Geld instantly charges in the space between us grabbing his gigantic blade and remains undecided on who to defend or attack. His master did apparently put a curse on him saying we need to be protected, he's kinda fucked regardless of what happens here though.

"Get out the way Geld, this bastard is the one who's responsible for Ariza's death and Petra's curse!"

(Zeki) "Wait, that demon fucker is the one responsible for both things orangey!? Don't kill him yet, we've got to torture him first"

(Ariza) "Asmodeus, that's where the name is from. Shouldn't we try talking first?"

Thankfully, Zeki's instantly onboard with our destroying demon scum cause. I'm pretty sure Ariza is in the unsure what to do camp like with the other couple though, I'm not sure why she wouldn't want revenge on the guy who orchestrated the demon army and even killed her. Maybe she's just a little confused or too forgiving.

"I don't care, I can't allow you to attack my master like this! Can't we just talk?"

(Asmodeus) "I inflicted pain on her? Hmm... the aura does seem familiar, but I don't remember torturing or cursing the dark phoenix, never encountered the blue one either. You can step aside Geld, that's an order"

Geld reluctantly steps aside from his owner giving us another prime chance to strike him down. This bastard is the reason for Petra's pain so killing him would obviously break that, right?

The rest of our party without knowing the full situation finally decide to back us up, now ready to destroy the bastard ahead of us. Keep in mind, all of this is being witnessed by a puzzled looking emo dude who I presume is Dionysus still stuck within the confounds of the cage. I mean, it's definitely him but still.

Before we go in again, Petra now has something she wants to say.

(Petra) "It wasn't torture per say, but the agony has at times come close. You really don't remember the power you 'gifted' me?"