'The missing player returns' Lucy says as I sit down with her, Keira, Georgia and Leah 'Missed me didn't you?' I joke and take the free chair next to Leah. 'Where were you?' Keira asks curious 'Just going on a walk, had breakfast to go' I explain and that seems enough for them as they return back to their earlier conversation. I feel myself zoning out and thinking back to the conversation with my dad, the last couple months I haven't thought about him much but seeing him happy and having a new family brings up old memories with him, when life was good and I could not wait to grow up. Leah pulls her chair closer to mine and turns her body to me while laying her hand on my thigh softly rubbing up and down pulling me out of my thoughts. 'Hey you okey?' Leah asks soft, I feel tears starting to form in my eyes but I manage to hold them back 'Can we please talk somewhere else?' I ask her looking down at my lap, Leah nods and stands up causing me to follow her movement. The girls look at us confused when we walk away but don't ask any questions. We eventually end up cuddling in Leah her bed.
'Talk to me y/nn' Leah says as I lay on top of her with my head in the crook of her neck and she message my head. I take a deep breath before I start explaining what happend in the past two hours 'During my walk I walked past a bakery, they sell vanilla slices which are delicious. The lady who sold them reconised me and asked if I wanted to stay a few more minutes as a suprise for her daughter, I did and took some pictures with her daughter' I feel tears starting to come again as Leah combs her fingers through my hair 'Then.. then her father walks in and he is' My voice cracks 'He is also my father' I clear my throat, Leah stops abruptly 'Im sorry' Leah says with pity and I thighten my grip around her 'What happend then?' She asks curious but carefull 'I hit him' I whisper 'You what?' Leah says suprised 'I hit that piece of shit right in his ugly face' I say again, Leah keeps her chuckle in. 'But why?' 'I don't know Le, he has a new family. He forgot about me, my mum and sister, left us like trash' Leah stays silent as she holds me thight 'I am here for you, you know that right?' She asks and I nod, but his words keep circling in my mind. One day you will end up doing the same thing as me.. you are a part of me.. My breathing slows down as Leah her touch calms me. I will never leave you again Leah I promise, not again.

Not much later we are underway to the stadium the vibe is better then I expected, I thought there would be more tension but instead Millie and Rachel are singing River deep, mountain high and I am playing UNO with Leah, Lucy and Keira. 'UNO!' Leah says with a proud smile on her face, I notice Lucy eyeing me to look under the table, I subtly do so and see her holding a +4 card, I take it with a cheeky grin and put it quickly in my own stack. Keira needs to grab a card, then Lucy puts on a blue 3 and I throw on the +4 card which makes Leah groan in frustration 'When did you get that one?' She asks suspicios 'I have no idea' I say as I shrug my shoulders but wink at Lucy, Keira notices this and starts laughing. 'Wait but how do you know what cards I have?' I ask confused and Leah her cheeks turn red 'Not my fault you hold you cards open' She says in defence 'So it is my fault again' I roll my eyes 'Oh oh relationship drama' Georgia sats from the chair behind us 'Shut up G' Leah and I say in sinc. We finish the game but Leah is still angry at me for cheating and that I also won that round, I lean towards her and whisper in her ear 'Since you don't like me anymore maybe I should join Spurs after the World Cup, your dad and brother would be glad about that' I tease 'Remember what happend the last time you wore Spurs shorts?' Leah whispers back 'You moaning all night? More reason to join them' Leah hits my shoulder and I smile at the reaction I got from her.
We arrive at the Accor Stadium, I put my airpods in before we leave the bus to get in the zone but the noice from the fans goes straight through my noice cancelling. I give the fans a high five before putting my stuff in the changingroom and go for a quick pitch inspection, I walk towards the middle of the pitch and look into the stands that are slowly filling with supporters. I spot my family standing there all wearing Australia jersey except for my mum who is wearing my number 17 jersey with pride which makes me smile, I make a heart sign towards them and they copy it which bring a smile to my face. I am talking with some of the girls when I notice the Australian team coming out for a pitch inspection too so I decide to say a quick hello and wish them good luck, I still spent the majority of my youth with a few of them.
'Y/nn!' Charli shouts excited when she notices me walking over to them 'Hi Charls' I say while I give her a big hug, she is standing with Teagan Micah, Emily van Egmond, Sam Kerr and Mary Fowler so I give them all a hug too. 'Ready for the game?' Emily asks 'To beat you? Always' I say smiling, suddenly someone jumps on my back and says 'Nah mate, we will beat you' I reconise that accent, almost impossible not to 'Ellie!' I say excited as she gets of my back 'Why didn't you come to Lyon?' She asks as she puts her arm around my shoulder and pull me into a side hug 'Barcalona is way better' I wink but before it can turn into a discussion Charli asks 'Aren't going to see Kyra?'. They haven't told them about what happend.. I do want to go to Kyra, Caitlin and Steph but I don't want to get in an argument that ruins my concetration for the game because they don't know Leah and I talked so I brush Charli off 'Maybe after the game, you know how she is probably will tell me your tactics' I joke and they all laugh. 'Are you in trouble y/n?' Teagan asks 'I hope not why?' I ask confused 'Your captain is walking over to us and she has a stern look on her face' I look over my shoulder and see Leah walking to us. 'Emercing with the enemy are we?' Leah asks as she stands next to me 'Not necessary, they can't even beat us when they know our tactics' I say smiling and Leah laughs but she is the only one 'We should go back inside and get ready for the warm up' Leah says as she changes to her captain voice, I give everyone a goodbye hug and wish them a good game. 'Swap shirts?' I ask Charli as I hug her 'With you always' She says and 'No matter the score?' I ask 'No matter the score' She assures me.