Lunch with Monsters

Start from the beginning

"This is all far beyond us being able to deal with." Stated Sora, her usually cool and aloof meaner still firmly in place, though Braid suspected she was just as shook as the rest of them. "Sure, we thought there may very well be a new land god, but..."

"She is but a child." Sighed Arthas, the fool of a prince who nearly had his head removed a few times since arriving at this compound. Someone should tell the king to knock some sense into the boy.

"Stop being a fool." Snapped Reinga, clearly deciding that she might as well take the liberty, never mind that she may be killed for insulting a prince. Though, the king was not usually seen as a man who would do such a thing. "If a land god appeared before me in the shape of a fluffy bunny I would still fear it. Only a moron would insult such a being."

"But-"

"No!" Snapped the wolf woman in a haggard but quiet hiss. The last thing they wanted was to draw attention to the group more than they already had. Their guards sat only a table away, not eating at all, but watching closely. "Look what that 'small child' has done Arthas! All of these evolved monsters! A cohesive group of normally fighting beings, and  even a working- if young- governing body... I say again, do not be a fool."

Arthas looked annoyed, but also chastised. He may have been a young and some what spoiled prince, but as a knight he knew well about the chain of command, and every one here out ranked him on this mission. Aside from Porsha, that was, except when it came to matters of her own safety.

"You should listen to your dog." Said a sardonic voice, at a much louder volume than the party had been using. The small black cat that had been sitting with the land god hopped up onto their table, glaring purple eyes on their group. He licked a paw, seemingly happy that he had startled them.

Reinga held a dagger in her hand while the rest of the group had half risen from their chairs. The fact that they had been aloud to keep their weapons spoke volumes to how insignificant these monsters saw them. Still, even if they had been allowed to keep them, Braid would have thought that the guards at the very least would have made a move. But a glance their way showed that, though they still watched, not a single one had even stood up to defend the cat.

Braid raised an eyebrow. "It seems that your friends do not care if Reinga were to gut you right now..." It was odd, talking to a little black cat.

The cat's eyes shifted to the hobgoblins and he snorted. "The moronic oafs know that your little pin sticker would not do me much harm, even in this accursed body. Though, you are correct in assuming that they would not care."

"Enna said he was a bad person." Said Porsha, eyeing the cat like he might well explode. Clearly their healer already held the young land gods words in rather high regards.

"She did, didn't she." Said Sora, glaring at the cat. "I wonder why that is."

"Because I am." The cat stated, his eyes doing little to hide the desired violence behind them. "If this went my way, you would all be nothing but blood smears and a snack. "And if you continue to act as your little princeling wants, maybe you will be. I have never been able to feast on a human before."

"And you won't now either!" Snapped another voice as a small, orange furred had entered Braid's line of sight, swatting the cat to the floor. Braid looked up to see the young fox boy that had been with the group of hunters that had saved them out in the woods. "Go on, before I tell Lady Enna you were harassing her guests."

On the floor, the cat glared at the boy before lifting his tail into the air, flashing the fox his back side, and sauntering off, showing zero urgency.

"Don't mind Mittens." Stated the fox, sitting across from Braid and next to Arthas. "I am Ozzie by the way. Brillum already told me your names, so need to worry about introducing your selves!" He added with a bright, if odd smile. "I figured I would come say hi, given the dumb cat was being a bother."